Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Santa is Dead

I did a little day-after Christmas shopping today and passed three houses that have those giant, inflated Santas. All three had just turned off the blower thing and left poor deflated santa laying there like a big used condom or something. It seems so disrespectful. Poor Santa. RIP.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are people in my neighborhood who leave those things running all night long. Others have them off by midnight.

I'm curious to see who will have their stuff completely down first. I'm debating on when to pull mine. The floor guys are coming on Thursday, and they will have to move the tree out of the room to work. There really isn't anywhere to put it. And I have no problem taking it down now. But we are having a party on Saturday, and I feel like I should leave it up until then.

Bravie said...

Santa died? Does this mean I won't get a stocking full of prezzies next year?

Swami said...

Boo, maybe you can put a hook in the ceiling and just hoist the tree off the ground! Then your floor guys can just owrk around it.

I like to leave my tree up until the next year, i.e. Jan 1, 2007! I usually light my outside lights until the end of January.

Surveysez said...

There is a huge one of those things in the house a few miles from mine, and it is about 15 feet tall. With the lights inside it and all, after you drive by, if you look in the rear view mirror, it gives one the creeps, cause with a slight bobble from the breeze it really looks to be pursuing you. And since the light only semi-illuminates it, it really looks menacing. Black Christmas indeed.

Zombs said...

I don't like those things.

Our stuff on our lawn...the white lights reigndeer and choo choo train and trees have fallen over. It has been so warm here and the ground wet from the rain that the stakes are not holding anything. I want all the stuff down already. But I am a Scrooge like that.

DH gets all morose right after Christmas and I just want it to go away.

Zombs said...

What's a condom?

kim (weltek) said...

All that work and no respect. Sheesh.

How was the shopping? Bath & Body Works' semi-annual sale starts tomorrow and I'm off work! Wheeee! Too bad I'll have Chris with me.

Anonymous said...

I'm about 70/30 on packing up the tree.

Last night I didn't even turn the lights on.

Swami said...

LOL at Zombs. They're funny-looking balloons, dear.

I got some Bath & Body Works stuff for Christmas this year Kim. I had never had any before and it is really quite nice.

I have to go shopping for a new kitchen faucet. The one I got when I redid my kitchen about 10 years ago was a pretty good quality Moen (I thought) but it turns out I got a model that had some engineering issues or something. I have had it repaired twice, including installing a manufacturer's "corrective" kit - but it is falling apart again. Faucets? Are one of the few things not on sale much this week.

lights said...

There are a couple of "dead" snowmen around here but I had nothing to do with there demise. I think the same thing happened to them that happened to Santa. *grin*

I dreamed of Swami last night. :D

lights said...

Almost forgot, my Mom and Dad LOVED your Christmas sock story. Dad told us about a Christmas when he was a kid. It had to do with a hamper of Christmas food that had been given to them that was left outside to stay cold. Their dog got into it and ate everything! Apparently it was his last meal. My Dad's Dad wasn't as good at turning a bad thing into a good thing as your Mom was.

Swami said...

You dreamed of me? Was I naughty or nice?

lights said...

Darn it all, you were nice. *grin*

You gave me a beautiful necklace for Christmas.