Tuesday, December 05, 2006

A Delicate Topic

Or not.

My toilet is leaking. When I came downstairs yesterday I noticed the throw rug in front of the toilet was soaked. I thought maybe the cats or kids had done something stupid so I picked up the rug & threw down a towel. (Have I mentioned that I am kind of a magic thinker? If I don't believe in plumbing leaks they will just go away, right?) Anyway, by afternoon I had changed the towel 3 times. Dang! I do not want a big plumber bill for Christmas!

It is leaking where the toilet meets the floor and this is our oldest, unimproved bathroom so I expect that we will have to get a whole new metal collar thingie to seat the stool on. That's what we had to do when we updated our other 2 bathrooms.

*shortens Christmas wish list*

7 comments:

kim (weltek) said...

*crosses "Big Plumber named Bill" off Swami's Christmas list*

Zombs said...

I say update bathroom!

Schnookie said...

How many bathrooms do you have?

kim (weltek) said...

Nookie! *waves uncontrollably*

Swami said...

Nookie! Nookie!

I have 2 &1/2 baths. The 1/2 bath is the leaky one.

And how many bathrooms do you have?

<---Swami, still working on her basic conversation skills.

lights said...

Maybe we can get a two for one deal with the plumber. The toilet in my bathroom rocks slightly because there was a leak (that was fixed about a year ago) and the wood under the toilet has swelled. I considered putting a non-rocking toilet on my Christmas Wish List.

Schnookie said...

We also have 2-1/2 bathrooms. I just hope they don't leak anytime soon.