Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Christmas At Swami's, Part

(Part I was actually added quite a bit after the below Part II because I'm weird like that.)


This is the oldest Santa in my collection. My great-great-great-grandmother brought this with her when she immigrated to America as a young girl (15) in the mid 1840s. It is very fragile now. When I was a child we still hung it on the tree but the hanging bit was gone by the time I got it. It is made os some kind of pressed paper pulp.


More Santas.


My three wise men. They are late 60s/early 70s vintage. It was all the rage back then to craft wise men out of wine bottles and varnished fabric. These guys look way nicer IRL (so to speak) than they do in the photo. I just love them. Recognize the Seagram's Crown on the one guy?


Some of my angels, which I also collect a bit.

10 comments:

Schnookie said...

Wow! How awesome to have the santa from your great-great-great-grandmother. Your angels are so pretty and I love the santas.

Also LOVE your fireplace.

Bravie said...

Quite the collection. Very cool.

BTW, The American Alphabet has 26 letters.

Zombs said...

Who is the big stocking for? Who has the big foot?

Zombs said...

Ok now I look silly. I was here earlier and saw the pictures but had to leave. So I came back and left the above comment. When I went back to the page I looked for the big stocking and could not find it until I realized this was another entry.

I personally blame Bob.

Schnookie said...

*points at z'baby and laughs*

Zombs said...

*puts Nookles on list*

Zombs said...

I can be one of your angels that you collect Swampy. I am that good.

Swami said...

Swampy?

*puts Zombs on list*

Coco said...

Are you calling Swami fat?

*whacks Zombs*

Swami said...

Oh. I didn't think of that! I thought she was implying that I am all wet.

*puts a check beside Zombie's name on list*