It's a nasty habit, I know. Not my habit - my cat's! Everytime I turn around Graycie is drinking from a toilet. When did cats start doing that? It drives me crazy. She lurks outside the door while I'm going, then when I open the door she springs inside, all thirsty!
Maybe she's part dog.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
LMAO. We have to keep all of the lids down because of this. Just last week, after going, I went into another room quickly and by the time I returned, Leo had his head in the toilet. *makes icky face* Weird animals.
LOL! My cat thinks she must watch the water flush. She hasn't tried to drink out of the toilet yet though. She does drink from the sink.
Heh, I've learned to keep the toilet seat down and have managed to avoid the cats drinking from there, despite their curiosity. Now, if I could get them to quit chasing my pens and pencil tops as I try to write.
Really? This is the first cat I've had that regularly drinks from the toilet. Of course several of my cats have had bathroom traumas.
When Tom and I were first married we got a little white kitten my DD named Cutesy. Cutesy liked to jump into the empty tub and play there. One day while Tom was drawing a tubful or water for a bath (he likes it HOT!) our neighbor's kitchen caught fire so we ran outside and watched the firetrucks and excitement for 1/2 an hour or so. When we came back inside Cutesy was in the tub, gamely swimming back & forth in the hot water. I guess she jumped in and couldn't get out. Cutesy did not like to go into the bathroom after that.
Then Tippy Toes had his own little toilet incident as a kitten. He liked to jump up on the toilet and then to the sink to watch me wash my hands. I didn't think much of it the first few times but then one time I didn't see him there so I didn't put the seat down right away. Yup - Tippy jumped into the flushing toilet. Luckily I saw him from the corner of my eye and grabbed him right away - but he did get a little jacuzzi ride. He kinda stays out of the bathroom too. (There is probably a special circle in hell for people who accidently flush their kittens down the toilet.)
Well... we keep the lids down because of the dogs. I think animals like that water because it's nice and cold.
LOL @ the Tippy Toes jacuzzi! :D
Cat people are strange. *ducks and runs*
Holly would never attempt to drink out of the toilet. But then she thinks she's human and we can barely get her to drink out of anything but her own special bowl. *rolls eyes* Well that and the fact that she couldn't actually get to the water in the toilet. She might fall in and she HATES water.
Yup, I had a couple of cats who'd stand on the toilet and bend down to drink IF the lid was open. We always keep the lid closed. LOL at your funny cats.
I have a hilarious wmv file of a cat flushing a toilet numerous times. The owners wondered why their water bill was so high. One day the man was home sick from work and heard the toilet flush. He went in and saw the cat flushing it. So he took a video.
OMG! I thought I might find the video on youtube so I went to youtube.com and searched for "cat flushing toilet" and found lots of them. Check them out.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=D9D_HN9gXVI
is funny
This is the one I got as a wmv file:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=WofFb_eOxxA&mode=related&search=
Ari does that too. I keep the toilet seat down. He does like to lick around the bathtub faucet after my shower.
Post a Comment