Thursday, May 03, 2007

Stupid Instructions

Mr Swami and I just bought new phones - Panasonic KX-TG6074, which is a base unit plus three handsets (all cordless of course.) So I popped them out of the box, installed the batteries into the handsets and set the units to charging. Set-up was entirely self-evident.

Then I looked at the 55 page 'Operating Instructions' booklet which accompanied the phone set and explains the obvious in mind-numbing detail. What a hoot! Not until page 16 does it explain how to use the phone:

1. Push "PHONE"
2. Dial the phone number
3. When the other party answers, speak into the MIC
4. Speak alternately with the other party
5. When you finish talking press PHONE again

LOL - I've been doing it wrong all these years! Who knew you had to "speak alternately" with the other person! I just like people to listen to me.

It has one feature I want to try: Handset Slow Talk. "This feature works to help slow down the incoming audio when you are having a conversation with an outside party." WTF does that mean? You can slow fast talkers to a Texas drawl? If so, I want one of those devices to strap to my belt so I can understand the waitress at Three Seasons. She speaks way faster than I can hear.

7 comments:

Aislinn Sirk said...

So, is the Three Seasons some low rent version of the Four Seasons?

Swami said...

Bob: yes.

They started out as a drive-in and so by tradition they are closed from Dec to March.

Bravie said...

LMAO. T h a t' s f u n n y. <--speaking slowly.

~Nutz said...

Bob stole my question! :(

Soo... with the slowed down audio, will the person on the other end get long pauses in the conversation waiting for your response while you listen?

momma said...

Wonder what I'd sound like on slowed down audio.....

Those instructions are too damn funny. I think anyone that actually requires them, really doesn't need to use the phone.

Swami said...

I can't wait to try the slowed down voice thing. First I need a victim.

momma said...

Call your grandson...kids always love to talk a million miles an hour when they get excited on the phone.