I don't have any pics ready yet, but I should in a day or so.
Toma and I went to SW Minnesota because I haven't been there since 1983. Mostly we wanted to see the forest of windmills that has grown on Buffalo Ridge - an area known for steady 20-30 mph winds. They are huge! (Pics later!)
We stayed overnight in Pipestone, then headed back. Isn't that exciting? SW MN is flat, flat prairie (except for Buffalo Ridge.) It is also the Lost Home of the White People. What a homogonous lily-white bunch they are! And they all believe in Jesus.
Hotel was meh. Dinner was fabulous! I had the biggest darn sirloin tip steak ever cut. It was HUGE!
We drove through the Valley of the Jolly Green Giant. And that's all there is time for in a daycation. But it was fun and I got to be with Tom nonstop for almost 40 hours! Yay!
Now men are ripping up my driveway. And Tom is home so my computer time will be limited for the rest of the week. I hope to catch up my blog reading here and there as time & Tom permit.
Apolo won!!!!!
YAY!!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
I think you should tell Tom to go outside and supervise the driveway guys... that way you can get computer time!
Did you get green beans from the Jolly Grean Giant?
When do we get pics??
MM <--impatient
The camera is in my car which is not in my garage because my driveway is currently a mud pit and it's still raining. Car is parked waaaay over there.
We decided to rip out the old blacktop to be sure the sinkhole which appeared last summer (and we dumped 1 & 1/2 tons of blacktop in to fill) had not turned into an underground cavern. It had not. After the blacktop plug was pulled out there were just a few small connecting holes. They guys had to dig out and gravel-fill an area about 4 x 10 x 4. And when it stops raining we'll get new blacktop.
We got new blacktop while I was in Vegas. And it is extended blacktop which means (1) more room for me to park, which is especially good if I decide to back in, and (2) coverage of the area where we couldn't get grass to grow.
Glad to hear you had a fun trip.
Those electricity-producing windmills are great. Truly amazing.
I think Don Imus is the Jolly Green Giant.
Post a Comment