F{?/#$%&#?$ing potholes.
They're everywhere! If smart people can put a man on the moon why can't they invent a road surface that doesn't turn into the crater-like surface of the moon every spring? You people who don't live in winter states have no idea what you are missing. Normal roads turned into full length tire death-traps in a matter of days.
Now I have to drive my car down the road like I'm skiing just to avoid the dang things.
(Ed to add: I have no idea why blogger decided my fancy F word was a link or email addie. It isn't.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
I feel your pothole pain. And there will be more after today, it's raining currently and then snow later tonight.
True dat. True dat.
My parents house is on the corner of their street. One year, there was a huge pothole on the corner, which used to fill up with water whenever it rained. They didn't patch the pothole for a really long time - over a year.
I used to use it as my Barbie swimming pool. Barbie and her friends Mr. Spock and Scottie would go swimming there. It was very tropical. Mr. Spock and Scottie were a good deal shorter than Barbie and they couldn't take off their underwear or their boots.
My mother cringes when I tell people that one of my favorite childhood toys was the pothole on the corner. I was really sad the day they filled it, and somehow, Santa knew to bring me a real Barbie swimming pool for Christmas that year.
*showing the pothole love*
I'll bet you lost Spock's tricorder and phaser when you stripped his clothes off, didn't you? Way down in the bottom of the pothole?
"Tropical" is not a word I would have thought to use for a pothole.
I didn't lose his stuff. Spock did. What, am I his mother?
About this time of year I end up with headaches and neck problems because our highway (which I have to travel every day) becomes a rollercoaster ride.
Today? After a night of freezing rain we had a shitload of plain rain and the highway was covered in a lot of lakes. Almost needed a paddle to get to work. Tonight it's going to freeze so tomorrow should be fun too. *rolls eyes*
Another 30 days or so...
I still remember the never-ending pothole problems in Montreal.
So glad we don't have to deal with them here.
I thought you enjoyed winter because the snow fills in the potholes. It's the only time you don't have potholes!
Post a Comment