Tuesday, March 04, 2008

It's A Day For Quickies!

Everything I have to do today is a quickie:

1. Quickie visit to my kid's psychiatrist for a med check.

2. Quickie visit to the grocer (all I really need is onions.)

3. Quickie run into town to buy a sleepshirt I saw in a store window for my sister's birthday. (Shirt says 'She Who Sleeps With Dogs'.)

4. Quickie phone call to order a long-sleeved t-shirt from the Southwest Indian Foundation. They have a website (southwestindian.com) but I like talking to people sometimes - especially if they are actually in the US.

5. Quickie laundry - all I really need is clean undies.

6. I drank instant coffee for breakfast.

7. With instant WW brown sugar and maple oatmeal.

8. Quickie stop at the post office (on my way back from the grocer quickie) to mail a package. (Advantage of a small town - hardly ever, ever a line.)

9. I'm having microwaved Lean Cuisine for lunch. Quick!

10. Dinner will be quick too, since Tom won't be here. Microwaved leftover swiss steak and roasted vegetables from last night. Mmmmmm. Quick!


Typing this list? The most time-consuming thing I will do today.
Tell me about your quickies today! Quickly!

8 comments:

Schnookie said...

DH & I had a quickie this morning *grin*

Ok, not really but I wanted to be the first to say it LOL.

The only thing quick today has been the morning. Hopefully the afternoon will go by quickly also. I highly doubt it.

kim (weltek) said...

LOL at Nookie!

I'm very curious if you really just get onions at the grocery store.

Debcapsfan said...

I have no quickies. I have a mid-term to work on for the week. So it's all about metadata and Information Retrieval systems for me.
Yay.

Puffy said...

Today was a quickie day for me, too. Is your oatmeal Weight Watchers or the Quaker Oatmeal Weight Control? Mine is the latter.

My quickies today:
Pay a couple of bills.
Call Irene, Susan, and Candi.
Call Hollywood Bowl to order tickets to concerts.
Call to cancel newspapers when I'm on vacation.
Call doctor for lab results from my physical.
Clean trunk of car.
Buy tablecloths and bring supplies to synagogue (I buy their kitchen supplies)
Go to market. I only bought the 2 items I went for : strawberries ($1.69) and cantaloupe ($2.00)
Charge up my cell phone.
Go to bank to make a deposit and get passports out of safe deposit box.
Read 2 days of newspapers.
Return New Zealand book to library and check out the Steve Martin book.
Clean out cat litter box; toss out all the litter and replace with all new litter.

Now it's time for Oprah and Ellen.

Puffy said...

Oh, I went to the gym, too.

Swami said...

*has a blog quickie with Nookie*

Kim, I decided to skip the grocer and just tough it out with my one remaining onion until tomorrow.

Sorry, Deb. You deserve a quickie or two.

Puffy wins for the most quickies! Mine is Quaker Oats too, Puffy. (I just did a quick check of the box to be sure!) I have never called the Hollywood Bowl. Because, you know, I live in Minnesota. How do you return a New Zealand library book quick?

Puffy said...

Hmmm, I see your point. The book was about New Zealand. It was from the local library. LOL

lights said...

Nookie quickly beat me to the punchline.

No quickies here today. It was a very long day.