Monday, March 24, 2008

Brown Ones Are Better.

For colored eggs that is. We usually eat brown eggs, but every year I buy some white ones to color & decorate with the family kids. My theory is that the already brown eggs will look all muddy colored after you dye them. But they take the color and look gorgeous!

As an experiment I put one brown egg into each color dye and then went to watch the last 15 minutes of some basketball game (which took 45 minutes to play, of course.) After the game I lifted the eggs out and they were beautiful, with deep, rich jewel tone colors - like I had used some kind of fancy high-end dye!

Who knew?

3 comments:

Bravie said...

Hmmmm, I would have never thought to dye the brown eggs. Good to know.

Breezy said...

Me either. I'll have to try it some time.

MM said...

Interesting! So glad you got creative and tried it out. Thanks for passing it along...