Mr Swami has the rest of the week off and we are doing a lot of misc household things from his Honey Do list.
--new hooks for the outdoor bird feeders
--last minute planting of a cedar tree
--relocate the pterodactyl (to long to explain)
--knock the top off one of those computer hutch-style desks so it can live in the guest room as a regular small desk
--put away the outdoor hoses (should have been done already)
--reposition almost all the furniture in the family room (this is the one Mr Swami is really trying to avoid because we have to relocate the TV and all the electronics this is involved with that, along with a really really big & heavy credenza. The last time we moved the credenza he brought in the floor jack from the garage & we moved it one end at a time.)
I would rather just buy a nice 52" plasma and start from there but Mr Swami freaks out every time I pick out my new TV. So I may have to wait a few months, but at least when I finally get it the room will be properly aligned, furniture-wise, for the BIG TV. Because 37" just isn't enough enymore, and plasma prices are in almost free-fall around here.
What's on you Do List?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

14 comments:
Picking out paint colors. I have carte blanche and am struggling.
I picked a red for the kitchen, but now I need a blue for the living room. And, I need a hall color to tie it all together - with the tan dining room.
Our downstairs rooms flow together - no doors and there are many shared walls. I am dying.
I had thought about a maize color for the living room, but blue is better. I love the blue from Modern Family. Then I thought of a blue kitchen, but red is the color. I want it. Plus, it will work because we can't replace the counters just yet. That means blue is really out.
Picking out paint colors. I have carte blanche and am struggling.
I picked a red for the kitchen, but now I need a blue for the living room. And, I need a hall color to tie it all together - with the tan dining room.
Our downstairs rooms flow together - no doors and there are many shared walls. I am dying.
I had thought about a maize color for the living room, but blue is better. I love the blue from Modern Family. Then I thought of a blue kitchen, but red is the color. I want it. Plus, it will work because we can't replace the counters just yet. That means blue is really out.
Oh, enjoy Mr. Swami while he's home.
You have a big to-do list. The pterodactyl sounds particularly difficult. :-)
I get why Mr. Swami is avoiding the family room. I hate it when we have to deal with moving electronics. Chris always gets pissed and something doesn't work when it's all put back together.
My to do list?
Pull landscape fabric from garden. There's not much of it. We've already pulled soaker hose and cages.
Reorganize my whole kitchen. I have four days off early in November in which I hope to at least get a start.
Organize spare closets. My suitcases really need to find a new home. Like the basement.
Clean the basement, but that's a holiday break project.
Good luck with the blue, Boo. Blues are really hard. I've thought about Navy for a bedroom. Navy is easier than blue.
Ooops, that's me up there. I was on google docs with another username.
I have time for the pterodactyl story. *sits and waits
Like Kim - I hate moving electronic stuff. I'm nervous until we turn everything back on and all the lights come on.
*wants to ask Kim why she's pulling landscape fabric.
We had major cleaning last week - Rob took the oven apart - I mean completely apart (freaked me out) and cleaned it for me. We mowed and weed-eated? weed-ate? yesterday, hopefully for the last time this year, yesterday.
We do have a garage to re-organize - Rob's been working on it for 6 mos. I figure if I go out there we can have it done in a day!
I do want to plant some pansies this year.
Boo, about the only blues I like have lots of gray or black in them. I love slate blue. Not sure what Modern Family blue looks like.
I am happy that my house is from the 70s when Open Concept was not so durn open. I like doorways even if they are 6 or 8 foot wide doorways because I like my space more defined I guess.
Mr Swami enjoyed.
Check!
Kim, last time we moved some electronics I had the DD do it. This is how I learned all her favorite swear words! She did a good job and everything worked immediately but it was an afternoon of high drama.
When we move I want all the plugs plug-ins and boxes (DVR, DVD player, VHS player etc.) to be up at waist or higher level. Swami doesn't want to struggle with stuff 6 inches off the floor anymore. I can't see stuff down there properly with bifocals!
Reorganizing kitchens is fun because I don't have to consider anyone else's opinion or preferences. The kitchen is mine!
*makes Tummy wait*
Because Mr Swami is starting to divy up the leftover Chinese and I don't want to be leftover out!
*STILL waiting
Tummy, I can understand why you are confuzzled. I'm removing the landscape fabric in my veggie garden so we can till the soil in the spring, after mixing some goodness in there (fertilizer).
Probably makes a lot more sense now.
Post a Comment