She broke down right there at the corner of State Hwy 95 and Nowhere. Suddenly the engine is totally hot and the car's warning system began it's urgent disaster! disaster! warning pings.
So we stopped, let it cool off a bit and Mr Swami checked under the hood. Nothing obvious, oil, coolant & other fluids all seem fine. Start it again - ping! ping! ping! ping! Billowing smoke. So we called for a tow truck. Fortunately we were in a place where there were two bars on our phone!
Tow truck came. Taxi came to take us home (could not raise my DD by phone.) And all we wanted to do was take a Sunday drive into town, mail a few letters & buy some bird food. Stoopid effing car!
I hope she is okay! I like my car and would happily drive her another 100,000 miles os so.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Car problems, tooth problems and back problems are the WORST.
My student worker got into an accident this weekend while in Minnesota at the big football game. She's in insurance hell right now, as the other lady is claiming it's the student's fault.
Ack! I hate freaking car problems, hate them more than anything. I'll keep my fingers crossed it's not as bad as it sounds.
Do you think this has anything to do with your daughter using it?
My "check engine" light keeps coming on, and DH keeps putting me off. He says it's something to do with my catalytic converter, which for years I thought was called a cadillac converter and couldn't figure out why every car had one.
I wondered about that too, Boo. Then I felt bad for wondering.
Sounds like the water pump.
*grin*
DBF called Thursday night from the side of the highway with a blown out tire. I hate car problems.
It was a blown hose, lol, in a place we couldn't easily see it. So not expensive to fix.
And I got a new battery out of the deal since my old battery failed a load test. Which is when we realized that my car still had the original 2002 battery - not bad for Minnesota.
Battery & install cost more than the blown hose. But less than the tow. TG our State Farm policy includes towing!
Yay for blown hoses :).
Blown hoses? Is that code?
My ABS light is on and it freaks me out, even though I still have regular brakes.
I hate it when lights on the dash come one when they aren't supposed to.
Post a Comment