I am taking a Slow Week this week. We self-employed people can do that whenever we want - and I want! Those hussy garden centers keep waving their fancy flowers at me and I lust to get me some! They are bright colors & sweets scents & irresistably gorgeous.
I want baskets of Million Belles & Impatiens. For bedding plants I need more Impatiens, Cigar Plants (red), Salvia, Nicotiana and maybe Cosmos. Even though I said I wasn't going to plant much of anything this year and just let the perennials have all the garden glory - I just can't resist those hot, sexy annuals!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I KNOW! It's terrible. I would love to cover all the empty spots in my beds with lush annuals. Not sure how many I'll do this year. I need to get to that last week of May.
MIL gave me some raspberry bush runners to plant, so that's on my agenda this week.
I can't wait to plant. I'm taking next week off to do just that.
Too many weekends in the bathroom (sorry Swami - I know that's a touchy subject) have made it necessary for me to dedicate some of my life to the outdoors.
I don't care if it's cold, or rainy, or whatever - I'm planting. And I'm going to spend a shitload of money doing it too!
*stomps out of blog to go to the garden centre*
I used to take a few days off around this time each year to garden. Now, with school and work projects always ruining that, it doesn't seem to happen.
Looks like Swami read my Twofer in OT this week. *grin*
I know how you feel. We'll plant in the back this weekend because our front yard looks so beautiful with the colorful plants we planted a couple of months ago.
Post a Comment