Tuesday, May 05, 2009

It's Been Thirty+ Years in the Making...

...but I am tired of cooking. I would like to be served all my meals for the rest of my life, and only cook maybe 3-4 times a month just for fun. I have not told Mr Swami this news yet, although hints of it are fairly evident. I'm just done. Fini. There is no joy (or even faint pleasure) in the whole process anymore.

5 comments:

kim (weltek) said...

Wow, what a dramatic exit from the kitchen! I go through spurts where I am sick of thinking of things to cook and doing the resulting dishes. Sometimes I really just want to only have cereal, frozen meals, takeout and sandwiches to decide on for dinner.

Good news for you: Mr. Swami appears to be quite adept at takeout (well, other than the salad fiasco).

Swami said...

I haven't actually exited. I just want to.

Anonymous said...

*snort*

Poor Swami.

Puffy said...

I thought you loved to experiment and cook! This week, I got pre-cooked ribs and chicken from the market and we've been taking turns with each of them each night.

Swami said...

I am going South Beach for the summer. That will simplify things on the cooking front enormously.