Lilacs are in full bloom around here - great big blooming bushes of heavenly scented purple flowers. I really, really want some. Really! I can't grow them in my yard since lilacs don't like to grow in a coniferous forest - all that shade & acid soil.
One of my neighbours used to let me pick a big bouquet from his bushes every spring but last year he did some major landscaping that involved pulling out his lilac row. Now I am deprived. Stupid neighbour.
Seriously, while I am out driving I find myself estimating how likely it is I would get caught if I just pulled over and quick picked lilacs from someone else's property. I just.want.lilacs.dammit. I grew up with lilacs. I need lilacs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
I love lilacs so. much. I want one for the back of the yard. There's nice sun there now, since the back yard neighbours' tree snapped in half and had to be cut down. When we moved in here, we had two very sickly lilacs that I tried to nurse back to health, but they had been planted in very bad places. One died from lack of sun and the other died when I tried to transplant it. :-(
They just smell so good.
I love lilacs. Absolutely love them. Neighbor is letting me steal one of his smaller trees to transplant into my yard this summer. Yay!
See when I was a kid we had major lilac bushes. Maybe 40 French lilacs in 3 colors and a couple of Persian lilacs. Every spring it was my job to pick a fresh lilac bouquet almost daily.
I just wanna pick lilacs and lose myself in nostalgia.
I grew up with them too Swami. On my walks right now I can smell them and it just makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. *snifffffffffffff*
I like lilacs, but I like lillies more.
Do you have anywhere on your property that gets sun where you can either put a pot or build some kind of planter box where you can control the soil?
That may sound like a stupid question, and I'm sorry if it does. I just don't know.
We have a house in our neighborhood that recently went to foreclosure. His yard used to be the most beautiful yard in the neighborhood. His yard is now a complete and utter mess. His tulips, however, did come up this year, and they were so beautiful. I wanted to go over and take a few, but I didn't. I should have, but I didn't.
A desert area about 45 mins from my house has a lilac festival every spring. I don't think I had seen wisterias until someone pointed them out to me in China. They reminded me of lilacs because of the color.
I have a fragrant hedge of lilacs outside of my office window, but none at home. My neighbor has many, so I just enjoy hers. I've toyed around with getting one, but Chris isn't the biggest fan for some unknown reason. I bring it up every year only to get a groan.
*goes outside to pick some lilacs for Swami's blog*
Oh! Oh! Kim brought me lilacs!
*inhales deeply*
Boo, I once picked the sunniest spot I had, right near the foundation where the soil was not so acidic & planted a lilac. Poor thing. It tried. It even got 2 or 3 tiny thin floret bunches once - then powdery mildew found it. Bush could not be cured so I euthanised it. Poor li'l doomed lilac bush.
Post a Comment