Step 1: hoist The Queen up a flagpole naked.
Step 2: shoot fireworks out of her arse.
Simple, budget-conscious and billions will watch.
In non-Olympic news: Mr Swami is off today so we are going to do lunch then go see The Dark Knight. I'm thinking we'll eat Vietnamese. I love fresh spring rolls!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Will you eat Vietnamese food? Or just the Vietnamese? They get really irritable when you first bit into them but eventually they get used to it. *blink*
LOL @ bravie. I didn't expect that.
Yes, Beijing will be a tough act to follow. London is up to it, I think.
Have fun with Tom!
The Chinese performers were so precise and regimented, all in line with each other. The English performers were all over the place, doing their own thing, all choreographed of course, but way different from each other. I liked that they had 2 people in wheelchairs during the London performance at the closing ceremonies.
The regimentation that was so spectacular in the Opening Ceremony did not trandlate into the Closing very well. Or the Chinese gov't does not do parties or something. I was not impressed with the Closing. Well, except I want jumpy boots and a ride-inside unicycle. Those looked way cool!
Bravie, Vietnamese was closed on Mondays. :(
I can eat fresh spring rolls as a meal and be very happy. *burp*
We saw The Dark Knight at the drive in Saturday (paired with Get Smart). It was good. Althogh, I'm not sure I get all the hoopla for Heath's portrayal of The Joker (it was good, but I personally thought it wasn't Oscarish good). I think Nicholson's portrayal set the next actor up quite nicely, and it was a good directoral direction to cast him in a bit more dishsheveled/chaotic light this time.
Swami, you never ever ever ever fail to make me giggle.
Post a Comment