
From left to right they are Misty May, Lolo, Jingjing and Phelps. I have them hanging on a wall in my family room, right underneath DD's trophy wall which will soon be repurposed to display my collection of Breyer Horses. Since DD has her own place now I will move the trophy collection to my new guest room (her old bedroom.)

Part of the trophy wall.
In unrelated news - after 25 years of trying I have finally trained Mr. Swami to do a new trick! He now brings home take-out for dinner every Friday night. I am so thrilled! And if he always wants to bring home Mongolian BBQ - that's fine with me. I love that stuff. Spicy!

5 comments:
I love those names. The only one I can't place is Jingjing.
There was a time when I wanted four dogs named: Maddux, Glavine, Smoltzie and Avery. Since Glavine turned out to be a traitor, I'm glad I never got them.
Not that I would have been mean to the dog, I just wouldn't have thought the player deserved to have my dog named after him.
And yes, they are baseball players.
OMG-What adorable names!!!
And holy smokes, nice job on teaching Mr. Swami a new trick. I'm working on getting Nolay to think about AND provide a meal twice per week. Any secrets to share?
Boo, Guo Jingjing is the Chinese diver (F) who won gold medals in the last three Olympics.
*reads baseball names with blank expression*
Kim - keep on trying, lol. Mr Swami had performance anxiety about the take-out. Would he get the right stuff or would I laugh at him? (Which I never have and never would. Or complain. Swami is smart enough to not look a gift horse in the mouth.) He will make dinner if I ask him but it is always one of two things: Polish stir-fry (onions, potatoes & sausage fried in a skillet) or fried egg sandwiches. He makes the best egg snadwiches!
Mmmm,I love egg sammiches!
I googled "jingjing." It's the name of the panda bear mascot for the Olympics, too. Those are great names for beautiful birds.
What are the trophies and ribbons for?
Post a Comment