1. North is up. South is down. Mr Swami has spent years hearing me complain about businesses and people who give you a map to somewhere and have North at the bottom of the map, or on one side or kind of off in a corner. He agrees with me on the proper "up"ness of North. So yesterday he drew me a little map of where to find his car which was parked in one of several big lots behind a car dealership - and North was at the bottom!!! *rolls eyes*
2. Books. I buy my favorite authors in hard cover, as soon as their next book comes out. Less favored authors I usually pick up in hardcover also - but at those Bargain or Last Chance tables. So yesterday at Barnes & Noble I picked up :
The Zero Game & The Book of Fate by Brad Meltzer
Dead Watch by John Sandford (I buy his Prey series hot off the press)
Killer Dreams by Iris Johansen, and
Crisis by Robin Cook. Cook is kinda cheesey but I still like his books.
Just shipped from Amazon: The Story of Edgar Sawtelle, The Reckoning: A Thriller, Bangkok Haunts (Vintage), The Broken Window: A Lincoln Rhymes Mystery.
3. Lately, I have grown interested in Lady Gouldian Finches. When I find the right ones I think I will get me some finches!
4. I hate The Hot, The Dog Days of Summer. We are supposed to be way up in the high 80s and low nineties all week. I? will be in air-conditioned indoor settings, reading & stuff.
5. My Swami bought a new car on Wednesday - a Honda Accord. I got my first ride in it last night. It's a nice, roomy little sedan in my favorite car color - Mystic Green. It's our first car with a higher-end satellite radio and it sure is fun to see the artist & title of the song you are listening to displayed on the radio.
6. I got my hair cut yesterday. In a rare, spontaneous mood I stopped at a Great Clips, accepted my random stylist and told her to cut it all off (about 6 inches worth.) So I spent only $14 (well, $17 with the tip) instead of $70 or whatever it is I usually pay for the fancy-ass Aveda haircutting experience. And I like the cut just as well. Then I actually bought an all-natural hair dye kit at the grocery store! I haven't used that yet though; maybe I will and maybe I won't!
These are fairly long-ass randoms, so I'll only do six of them.
Edited to add: P.S. If there is one or more people on your friends list who make your world a better place just because they exist, and who you would not have met (in real life or not) without the Internet, then post this same sentence in your journal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
We've rented a couple of cars on a couple of long-weekend vacations lately. They each had a satellite radio. I also liked the info displayed on the front panel.
Do you feel light-headed and airy with less hair? Do you recognize yourself in the mirror?
I do like the artist and song displayed, but my new CRV does NOT have that.. :-( I loved my OLD Accord.. we are talking 1988.. *sniff* I miss it.
Post a Comment