Monday, March 12, 2007

Why I Should Just Go Back To Bed

A short list, with numbers for Boo because numbered lists make Boo happy and a happy healthy Boo is a Very Good Thing.

Reasons Why I Should Just Go Back To Bed:

1. While walking to the bathroom after I got up I managed to whack my knee on the sideboard I use for a dresser causing me to lurch and almost poke out the eye I was rubbing.

2. I couldn't put my pants on! For some reason my left foot would not go down the leg. I had to try 3 times.

3. Walking down the stairs I was so busy trying to look out the foyer windows to see if the snow was melting that I "stepped off" one step too soon. I didn't fall but I had to make a two-handed grab for the railing and (yes) I twisted the knee I had just banged.

4. I start every morning with a huge mug of instant coffee. I so hit the on button for my coffee pot, put my cup on the counter and reached for the Splenda. Each mug of coffee gets two little envelopes of Splenda. I rip open the envelopes, carefully pour the Splends into the garbage and drop the envelopes into the cup. As I put my spoonful of coffee on top of the empty envelopes I have a vague feeling that something isn't right but I decide I can figure it all out after I have my coffee. It isn't until I pour in the boiling water and watch the wet envelopes swirl around that I figure out what's wrong!

I should just go back to bed.
I hope all of you are having a better morning.

14 comments:

Bravie said...

I agree. You really should go back to bed. Not a nice way to start your Monday morning. *smooch*

Swami said...

Actually I have to leave now for a meds consult with my son's psychiatrist. I plan to drive very carefully.

Jen said...

I'm sorry. I'm giggling at you pouring the Splenda in the garbage.
I hope once you finally got your coffee it woke you up some!

Jen said...

Oh, and just so you don't feel too bad, I often get dizzy and stumble when I'm walking down the stairs here at work and trying to look out the window at the same time. I don't know what it is about these particular stairs, but I have to concentrate on them when I'm walking or else I get dizzy.

Aislinn Sirk said...

I love the Splenda story.

Love it.

Bob <--has never done anything similiar to that ever.

really

kim (weltek) said...

Heh. I'm a little worried about all this falling in Blogland. I'm going to be careful.

I agree, go back to bed.

momma said...

I, too, drove very carefully to work this AM. My back still hurts. How's the knee?

I did chuckle at the Splenda story though.

Swami said...

The knee is fine. It just hurt for a little while.

I fell off that same stair last year and really wrenched my back because I went down all twisty. I was trying to look around the corner at Tom who was having some kind of appliance/water emergency in the kitchen. I was crippled for 2 days that time. Maybe I need to shorten my stairway?

lights said...

Hope you survived the rest of your day without any more incidents!

*giggles @ the Splenda story*

Puffy said...

Are empty splenda packets healthier than empty equal or sweet 'n low packets?

mm said...

Ack! I think going back to bed would have been the wisest move. Of course, I try to not get *out* of bed in the morning to begin with.

*smooch*

Be careful!!

~Nutz said...

#4 is reason enough to go back to bed for a week! ;-)

HistoryDetective said...

Are you still in bed?

Glowie said...

Did you stay in bed today?

BTW, I did not laugh at your Splenda/garbage incident. No I did not.