Thursday, March 29, 2007

Oh Dear !

My luddite, troglodyte, evil sister Carole called yesterday. She has got some kind of new, bundled service that gives her free long-distance calling to the US (which is fine - I do like talking to her) and includes internet service!

She doesn't have that up and running yet since she needs her friend's husband to come set it up and make it work - but soon she will be online. She has asked for my email address. Again, fine. But last summer? I think we talked about blogging. Uh-oh.

I do. not. want her to read my blog! Can you imagine? It would take waaaay too long to read everything and delete all references to "evil sister" if I had to "sanitize" it. I think I will just tell her that I got out of blogging because it no longer interested me. Maybe I will send her to some site where they discuss sweet & sappy date movies. She watches those all the time. But I can't send her to RTVW because she just might find this place if fate or blurking trouble-makers guide her. Where else can I send her?

Because I don't have a blog. Not me! I just have this little crisis in a teapot...

6 comments:

mtw said...

Maybe you can start a new family blog with a new gmail address. It's easy to keep them separate.

I think many of us feel the same way. We wouldn't want many IRL people reading our blogs.

Bravie said...

Send her to my blog and tell her that you have taken on a new identity in the cyberworld.

Swami said...

I thought of a new family blog. I may do that.

Bravie, I think Carole would make a good lesbian. Lord knows she's tried marrying guys 4 times with zero success. Maybe she needs to change teams?

momma said...

Don't send her anywhere she might find you. It's just creepy.

If she brings up blogging, tell her you don't (not that you gave it up) because life is just too busy to spend that much time on something.

Lasann said...

I talk about all of you to my work friend. I gave him my blog address once then immediately remembered that I had written negatively about another of his friends at work.

He's never commented if he read it or not.

Swami said...

Lol Lasann, that was probably his favorite part of your blog.

I'm going to tell her that I got tired of blogging and there was nobody out there to talk to anyway. So I just killed it and left. She'll believe that since another friend of hers created a blog and gave it up for just that reason. Tom has been alerted, so our stories will be reasonably consistent.