Friday, March 30, 2007

Name That Movie

Last night I woke up and couldn't get to back to sleep for a while because I couldn't think of the name of some stupid movie starring... uh... whatsisname. (Oh great, now I can't even remember this comedy icon's name! I really am getting senile.)

The movie is called something like Death to Snoopy only it's not Snoopy. Death to Stubby, Death to Sneezy. Then I stuck on Seven Dwarf names. For some reason I just had to remember the name of this movie even though I never saw it and never really wanted to see it. But I did remember all seven of the Seven Dwarf's names. Eight, counting Charla.

14 comments:

momma said...

google is your friend.

Gene Wilder starred in Death to Smoochy.

http://deathtosmoochymovie.
warnerbros.com/splash.html

kim (weltek) said...

Yep, smoochy.

*smooch* How could you not get that? :-)

kim (weltek) said...

I thought it was Robin Williams in that, momma...

Bravie said...

IMDB is also your friend. I love IMDB. I probably go there everyday to find the name of some movie or actor or such.

Bravie said...

According to IMDB, it is Robin Williams. It was directed by Danny DeVito. It is from 2002.

Puffy said...

We often come home from a movie and google info about it. Same with movies or TV shows. I agree about Robin Williams and Death to Smoochy. Horrible movie.

Speaking of dwarfs or little people, Billy Barty's widow is at a convalescent hospital that I work at.

momma said...

Oh. The google thingie showed Gene Wilder. I think. Nevermind. I went and looked at my link. Robin Williams, it is. He just looks like Gene Wilder in Willy Wonka in that pic.

Bravie said...

We just heard at Billy Barty's death, Puffy. We were sad. :(

Swami said...

WTF is IMDB? Oh wait, I can just google it.

Yeah, Death to Smoochy - that's the movie's name.

The Seven Dwarves are really, really kinky. Never fall asleep while thinking of the Seven Dwarves. /psa

Bravie said...

IMDB=Internet movie data base. But it also lists tv shows, too.
You go there, input a movie or actor and it gives you all the info you want to know about the movie or actor. *grin*

www.imdb.com

Puffy said...

Dwarves or Dwarfs?

Bravie, I googled Billy Barty. He died in December, 2000. But I'll pass your wishes onto his wife

yvonne said...

Speaking of dwarves, or actually speaking of munchkins, when I lived in Tampa one of my coworker's uncle was a munchkin on the Wizard of Oz.

He was the middle "Lollipop Guild" kid. His name is Carl and he lives in Tampa.

I'm pretty sure this is fascinating stuff, right? Hopefully it won't keep Swami up tonight.

:-)

Swami said...

It's dwarves, Puffy, but most people seem to be saying "Dwarfs" when the talk about The Seven ____ so I spelled it that way.

Really? The middle Lollipop kid? I can picture him exactly! I have seen that movie 22 bazillion times. Not only do I just plain love Oz but both of my youngest kids loved it too, so it is the most watched movie in my house.

Bravie said...

2000? Crap, I'm think of the wrong dwarf, then. The one I am thinking of just recently died. He was on NCIS.
I just IMDBed him. His name was Michael Gilden.