1. I love crusty garlic bread. Not that butter-laden dreck where you slice into a loaf of Italian bread, slather on butter and sprinkle with garlic salt. I’m talking about that bread where multiple cloves of roasted garlic are gently folded into the bread before it’s baked. Simple perfection. Crispy, just-baked crust, with a clove of creamy garlic somewhere in just about every slice. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm.
2. Spanikopita is my new favorite appetizer. Delicate puff pastry wrapped around spinach leaves and feta cheese, then baked. Again, perfection.
3. Why do we feed our children Meals Ready To Eat? Are we preparing them for the military? When offered a choice between homemade soup and/or a nice sandwich – your average 6 y.o. will pick something called a ‘Lunchable’ every time. Why?
4. Last night I served franks and beans, in honor of the Wall Street crisis in progress. You know, in case we were suddenly broke or something. But Tom says we’re okay. Whew! ‘Cause I hate franks and beans!
5. Samoas are still the best Girl Scout Cookie.
6. Why is it that every time I buy nice stir-fry veggies I forget to make stir-fry until the zucchini get wrinkly?
7. I will have an Everything Bagel for breakfast this morning, in case you were wondering.
8. My DD makes excellent chicken taco filling. She uses boneless frozen chicken breasts, cooks them in the slow cooker until they are fall-apart tender, then forks them apart, turns up the heat and adds green pepper, corn and black beans along with her special sauce. Freakin good!
9. These are the spices I have in my spice cabinet:
Allspice, Basil, Black Pepper, Cardamon, Celery Salt, Chef Paul Magic Fish Fry, Chili Powder, Chinese 5-Spice, Cinnamon, Clove, Coriander, Cream Of Tartar, Cumin, Curry, Dill, Fennel, Fennugrek, Garam Masala, Garlic Powder, Ginger, “Italian” Mix, Jerk, McCormick 1-Step, McCormick Salad Supreme, Montreal Steak Seasoning, Mustard Seed, Nutmeg, Oregano, Paprika, Red Pepper, Rosemary, Rubs (various), Safflower, Saffron, Sage, Salt-Free All-Purpose (great on Georged fish), Seasoned Pepper, Seasoned Salt, Sesame Seed, Spike, Tamarind, Tandoori, Thyme, Tikka Masala, Turmeric. (Some of these I have in both whole-seed and powdered form.)
10. I don’t do tens
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

14 comments:
There's no original post link here. I'm so lost.
Okay, now I have two windows open at the same time.
1. I like the dreck.
2. I'm right there with ya.
3. Because it comes in a blue box, and it's circle turkey, and it sometimes has Skittles.
4. You should have just served Lunchables.
5. Agree again.
6. Because you're too busy serving franks and beans.
7. What about cream cheese?
8. That sounds delish.
9. You seem to have a better selection than the grocery store.
10. You are a 10!
Boo, when I open my comments I see an original post link. Am I the only one who sees this?
Also, I took out your duplicate posts because I thought you would want it that way.
Then again, it won't let me use the trashcan thingies so I can't delete your multi-posts. Perhaps I have pissed off the Blogger Godling?
What is Georged Fish?
I'm in agreement with your statements that could possibly result in my agreement or disagreement.
Chris loves Everything bagels the mostest.
What is Georged Fish?
I'm in agreement with your statements that could possibly result in my agreement or disagreement.
Chris loves Everything bagels the mostest.
Oh, and my sister that gets food stamps? Buys her kids Lunchables and lets them eat them as snacks whenever they want.
Georged fish is fish grilled in a George Foreman grilling machine. I think george makes a nice verb and saves a whole bunch of typing.
Why is everyone multi-posting? Is it something I did?
Jeez, Kim. Lunchables are not cheap
Samoas are divine. Simply divine.
A great garlicy bread:
Take a round loaf and cut it criss cross. Throw in chunks of butter, whole garlic and brie cheese. Bake in the oven until it is all melted and golden. Mmmmmmmmm.
I forgot to mention that I kind of like beans & wieniers! Why would you call them beans & franks? It's not nearly as funny as beans & wieners!
This is my 4th post here; 2 yesterday and 2 today. It either says my post can't be processed or that the moderator has to approve my posts.
Well, finally! I think my post yesterday said that I didn't even know that Girl Scout cookies were out yet and I want some!
Post a Comment