Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Three More Things

1. Porn. My son with autism is not allowed to watch porn even though he just turned 21. It's just better that way IMO. At home he likes to watch the History Channel, Food Network and Cartoon Network - when he's not listening to Sirius radio or watching videos. I have always been aware that DISH had all these PPV channels way up on the listings but I never watch, don't pay attention to them, and thus never put that parental control lock thingie on them.

So imagine my surprise when I walked by the TV room on saturday and found him watching porn. DS had subscribed to a PPV channel. I said "ack!" and called Tom because he's the resident geek. Tom, of course was immediately transfixed by the porn and stopped in his tracks, watching.

Me: We have to put that parental lock thing on.

Tom: Uh-huh.

Me: We have to do it now, Tom.

Tom (in his best wheedling voice): But. It's porn!

Me: Tom, we agreed it is not in Max's best interest to see hard-core stuff.

Tom: But. It's girl on girl action! Oo look they're licking pussy!

Me: *rolls eyes*

At that point DS got bored with all the pussy licking and switched back to CN. And we now have parental controls in place for all PPV channels.

Sheesh. What is it with men and porn? I mean it's not like Tom is porn-deprived or anything. He has his favorite on-line sites bookmarked under 'financials' or somesuch. It was like that Friends ep - he just didn't want to turn the porn off.


2. When I went to the dentist last week she found a little spot that needed to be filled, so I have to go back this morning. I hate getting drilled. Afterwards, I will have to shop at the Barnes & Noble across the street until I feel better.

3. I got my Valentine's card and gift early! I got a bunch of dark chocolates and a nice little stone, horse-head shaped incense stick holder with some incense sticks. Unfortunately, Tom has a city council meeting on Wednesday so he will be home late. Oh well. DD and I have a date to watch The Descent on DVD.

12 comments:

Zombs said...

1. LOL at the porn. I also think porn is a funny word. I am imagining the scene with all the porn going on in the background.

2. Hey you get drilled today!
Pick up a good book and recommend one to me. We seem to have the same tastes.

3. Mmmm sounds good. We don't do Valentines day between us really. If I am out before I will get him something but we are getting snow tonight and I don't feel like it.

Swami said...

Zombs, the 14th is my 26th wedding anniversary.

DH is taking friday off. We will celebrate it a little later this year is all.

Zombs said...

Awwww...Happy Anniversary!

~Nutz said...

*snort* @ Tom and the porn!

I hate getting drilled.
That's funny, most women like that every once in a while. ;-)

Happy Anniversary!

HistoryDetective said...

I've been thinking really hard, but I just cannot come up with any movies more romantic than "The Descent." Sounds like a fine choice for VD!

Bravie said...

I want to visit the Swami house. *grin*

Swami said...

I have a very well behaved tongue. My dentist says so, and I just thought I'd share.

Swami said...

Oh yeah. Books I bought at B&N after seeing the dentist:

Missing Persons by Stephen White.
I've been reading this author for about 10-12 years. He's a book-a-year man. He writes a psychothrillers (for lack of a better term) involving a clinical psychologist named alan Gregory who lives in Boulder CO.

True Evil by Greg Isles.
A psychological drama murder mystery thing, with sex and assassins. I've liked Greg Isles other books so I will give this one a try.

Creepers by David Morrell.
Another thriller. The "creepers" are urban explorers. You know, those guys who go on expeditions into abandoned city buildings and tunnels and stuff. The whole story takes place in an 8-hour timeframe and the book jacket promises that reading it is like "an alien abduction of your brain."

Flesh and Bone by Jefferson Bass.
I know nothing about this author but his first book (which I have never read) was a NYT best seller. It's billed as 'A Body Farm Novel.' I like body farms. The protagonist is a forensic anthropologist in Tennessee. I bought this because I like forensic stuff, Stephen White recommends it, and it was 20% off.

Anonymous said...

I can't stop laughing at all of this. Especially the porn, and the tongue, and getting drilled.

Jen said...

Did you watch The Descent? WTF was up with that movie? It started out normally enough, then all of a sudden... ACK!

"Horse-head incense holder" is making me totally LOL, but I wouldn't expect anyone to understand why. My sister would. (Hint: See the movie Student Bodies. It's wonderfully awful.) *snort*

Aislinn Sirk said...

I feel I just watched a sitcom.

Kimmah said...

You hate getting drilled...yeah, right.

I love the fact that Tom does city council meetings and porn. He could certainly spice up some roundables, I bet.