Tuesday, January 02, 2007

We Finally Got Snow

On New Year's Eve we got about 1 and 1/2 inches of snow - barely enough to cover the ground but at least it looks like winter. However, it is supposed to be gone by mid week. I don't think Tom will ever get to use his new snow-blower.

I still have my tree up. Guess what I'll be doing today? That's right! Playing on the internet and eating left over paella & figgy pudding.

Paella is our traditional New Year's Day feast, and the figgy pudding which I made with week-old donuts instead of day old bread turned out fabulous. And? When the paella & pudding are gone the diet begins. So I am a bit torn. Do I drag out the food so I can delay the diet? Or should I just pig out and get it over with. I am considering figgy pudding for breakfast. With caramelized sauce all over it. Just thinking about the pudding is causing my blood sugar to spike.

9 comments:

Bravie said...

My tree came down on Sunday. We put it back in the box with the lights and into the dumpster it went. This year I think it's time to buy a nicer tree.

Swami said...

My tree is a lovely fresh balsam. Usually, after Xmas I take it outside and prop it into a snow bank but this year there is no snow.

On the 4th of July we burn it. By then it is so dry yet still full of resins that it goes off like a Roman Candle! Spec.tacular.

Maybe you can set fire to your dumpster?

kim (weltek) said...

I think you should share your paella with me.

Monstah said...

I WANT some of that Figgy Pudding!

Maybe you can use the snow blower indoors as a fan?

Puffy said...

Great idea to use the snow blower as a fan.

Toss out that food and drink some water.

Schnookie said...

Figgy Pudding? I didn't realize that stuff was real. Thought it was just part of a Christmas song LOL.

Happy New Year Swami!!!

Swami said...

Snow blowers and leaf blowers are not to be used indoors as handy gadgets. Trust me on this. It is a very. bad. idea.

*throws figgy pudding at Monsty*

mm said...

figgy pudding? Is it made with figs?

MM <--feels stupid

Puffy said...

I'd rather have chocolate pudding.