(Now that I backed into Blogger through Bravie's blog and republished.)
Playing with new software! I have:
1. Avery Design Pro
2. Quicken Home Inventory Manager
Anyone have tips for me? Or fun things to try?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
Yes. Design me a sandwich...something with fresh mozeralla, pesto and proscuito, maybe. Must be on a bauguette.
(but really, what are you planning on designing and what do you want to inventory?)
you talking to Swami or me?
It is MY blog, therefore Coco is talking to me. *adjusts wrap*
I want to inventory my art collection, jewelery, furniture and assorted valuables. This software has a very neat template where you can paste a photo of the item and then various tabs to record where/when you got it, what it's cost was (with the option of scanning in & attaching the purchase invoice), what you think it is now worth (probably the most useless tab) and several other things I can't remember now - as well as just a 'notes' tab to say whetever the heck you want about the item.
It's a nice, searchable document which can then be printed and/or burned onto a CD and put into our safety deposit box. This, in the event of theft, fire, tornado, earhtquake - whatever - we have a documented and accurate description of our valuables for insurance and/or recovery purposes.
It's very neat. I've done lists before and I've taken some photos here and there, but this will be a comprehensive document. A PITA to pull together, but very worth the effort I think.
I like Avery templates because I like to print labels for stuff. My stuff, work stuff, Tom's stuff. Now I can use the standard templates but make prettier labels. I like pretty.
I don't think they have a template for baguettes.
Ooh, I think I want one of those Quicken Home Inventory things.
I was wondering what happened! I couldn't find you when I came to visit earlier today --- just a big white screen. Glad to see you're back.
My suggestion is that you grab a paintbrush and come for a visit. :D
I've started to do inventories a couple of times but never finished. It just seems like such a daunting task.
Does the software have a category for the "toys"?
I too have a home inventory thingy downloaded on my computer. I think mine is I.I.I. Home inventory. Great little tool it is.
There are a bunch of home inventroy manager programs around, Puffy. I got the Quicken one because we use Quicken for our home financial stuff, mostly their checkbook.
Yes Lights, I can create a "toys" category if I so wish. However, I think I will just leave them out. Unless I live long enough that I have some genuine antique vibrators or something!
You are the only other person I know who uses Quicken. We have Quicken for our HOA, and I think the previous treasurer screwed it up. I curse it every time I use it.
These programs both sound fun. I need to make some labels for some bins and shelves in this office.
And I'm glad you're back too! I thought "Swami's Finally Outa Here Blog" was going to appear.
Quicken is a bit stodgy but it will get the job done. And it's cheap. I like Quicken's checkbook function - that's all I really use from it.
QuickBooks is much more flexible so we use that all the time for our business.
Do you think if I asked nicely one of you would inventory my home? Please? That sounds like a good thing but something I could never find the motivation to do.
Post a Comment