Friday, January 12, 2007

An Homage to HD

By which I mean - random photos!


Proof that I am a Canadian. My first Mountie crush. His name was Keith.


My first summer camp. We slept in teepees with screen doors, lol.

Photo removed
Me and my evil sister, Carole. She is still in her pajamas. I am dressed to play Pirate. I really was an odd child. All that summer I dressed like a pirate and ran around in the orchards with my rubber knife. Always an early riser, I would be outside playing at 5 a.m. while the rest of the family still slept.

Photo removed
Me and evil sister again. This was my favorite summer camp, in Collingwood. They had much nicer horses and you got more riding time. I must be about 11 here?

Photo removed
My dad, who died when I was barely 20. This must be in the 50s - note his cool, hand-painted silk tie! This is our front yard in Canada.

13 comments:

Schnookie said...

You are so cute Swami!

You went to a camp called Buckaroo? *giggles*

Love the pic of you dressed as a pirate. Your forehead must have looked pretty funny after taking off the headband. Where's your eye-patch? *arrrrrrrrgh matie*

The garden in your front yard was so pretty. My dad died when I was just about to turn 20.

I wonder if my sister points me out in pictures as her evil sister Carole LOL.

Bravie said...

Yay for random pictures. I love these.

kevingrout said...

Hmmm... I don't recognize your sister, but I imagine she's changed a bit since back then.

Oh, and you were right about the University over on Bob's blog. When did she last work here? And in what department?

(this whole thing is getting too weird :-)

Swami said...

Nookie, I always thought that the extra "e" on the end of my sister's name stood for "evil", lol. I think of you as Carol the Good.

I don't remember the department, Meemo. Something in the humanities. Her smile is still the same as in the second picture. If you met her you would like her; she is a generally likeable person. Just don't be her younger sister in an isolated farmhouse when she's insanely angry at you because you were born & "stole" her life. Don't do that.

Some day I need to blog about Evil Sister.

Puffy said...

The yard behind your dad looks like a beautiful painting. LOL at the teepee! You make a good-lookin' pirate, woo hoo! Great pictures!

Zombs said...

Your dad was a swinging cool hep cat!

I love these old pictures and I am so suprised they are in color!

*whistles innocently*

Swami said...

*smacks Zombie*
*hides Kodack colorizing kit*

Monstah said...

I LOVE these! I clicked on every single one so I could really inspect what was going on.

I noticed that Keith has a little John Travolta dimple thing happening and! I love your "Camp Buckaroo" shirt. (You are packing heat, in that picture, you realize!)


I would love to hear more about the orchids. It sounds so ideal-- although prairie would have been a more appropriate orchid game than pirate, but as you wished, I guess!

Monstah said...

And then after you tell me all about the orchids, maybe you can tell me about the orchards too.

Zombs said...

Wait!!! Teepees have doors? Screen doors?

*picks up pieces of shattered illusions*

Aislinn Sirk said...

All teepees have motion activated doors, just like the enterprise

Monstah said...

I like your bad azz rapper pose in the Keith picture.

HistoryDetective said...

I think that I have a crush on a Mountie too. Yum!

I went back an answered your questions about Friday's photo, just FYI.