Thursday, January 04, 2007

Why I Pretend To Sleep In The Morning

Because of Tom. He has a nasty morning addiction, really nasty. If I pretend to be asleep he gets up quietly and goes into the bathroom for his morning routine. If I say something or even act awake he rolls on top me and grabs - the TV remote!

Yes, it is time for the talking heads of CNBC's Squawk Box who are rabidly enthusiastic about all things Wall Street related and positively foam at the mouth in anticipation of the Market opening - which is still about 3 & 1/2 hours away when Tom wakes up. I? Prefer soothing music in the morning, not dueling financial gurus. Plus they have about 3 scrolling bars of information at the bottom, all moving at a different speed. Makes me seasick.

18 comments:

kim (weltek) said...

Sneaky you. I'm gonna tell Tom.

Coco said...

"Dueling financial gurus" made me snort.

Eric would do the same with the sports news, if we were ever actually to wake up to something other than children wanting milk, so we don't have a TV in our room.

*smoooooooooooch* to Swami

Swami said...

We got our bedroom TV last year. I love it for magic fingers time but not in the morning.

Schnookie said...

And that, is why I'll never allow a tv in my bedroom.

momma said...

I watch our local news in the AM. No biggie there. And, since I don't get to sleep in, I don't much care if he likes it or not.

Bravie said...

Look how assertive and bossy Nookie is..."I will never allow..."
She's so tough.

Coco said...

Hm. I wonder where she left her whip?

Schnookie said...

*walks into Swami's blog dressed in a leather dominatrix outfit and cracks the whip*

Anyone got a problem?

:-)

Bravie said...

No Madame Nookie, no problem here.

mtw said...

Why does my DW assume that when she wakes up, I am awake and ready to hear every inane ridiculous though going through her head. She drives me insane because she is constant chatter in the morning when I'm trying to sleep. When I wake up first, do I wake her by yakking about nothing? No, I let her sleep. When I come to bed after her, do I wake her up to tell her unimportant crap? No, I let her sleep.

I'd rather have the TV on.

Swami said...

Holy crap! Nookie has been in MY blog in a dominatrix outfit for hours and where have I been? Where, I say?

*Puts on leather too*

lights said...

*snaps pictures of Nookie and Swami in their leather*

Dave and I have separate bedrooms and we each have a tv. Problem solved. *grin*

I like to read or watch tv before I fall asleep because I have trouble falling asleep, he likes it dark and quiet and falls asleep within seconds of his head touching the pillow. We do, however, have visitation rights.

Schnookie said...

I love the idea of separate bedrooms. Once in a while I'll go sleep in the guest bedroom. I need darkness and complete quiet.

Monstah said...

Mr. Monsty has left the bedroom. He left right after the third trimester started. It would appear Little Miss likes to sleep on my sciatica nerve so a good night's sleep is hard to come by these days.

I wish Mr Monsty had morning habits. He keeps college student hours. I am a complete lion in the morning- as in I want to get up and go for a long run and he likes to slowly get up around 9:00-10:00 on weekends. He comes downstairs all lazy and sleepyheaded. I hate it.

I guess his redeeming quality is that he gets all his finicial information from the Wall St Journal and online, which means, I don't have to be bored listening to it.

Swami said...

Mr. Swami went through a brief period (maybe a few years?) where he snored like a lumberjack and I was constantly poking him so he would roll over & shut up. Then he lost about 10 lbs and the snoring went away. Amazing. We got a king-sized bed so he at least would not be snoring right in my ear. Kings are sooo much bigger than Queens!

Monsty, if Mr. Monsty were addicted to the Squawk Box then he would have to wake up fully so he could listen properly. Not that that would do you any good.

Work buys Mr. Swami a WSJ but mostly he reads it online because he's an online kind of guy. We live too far from civilisation to get home delivery.

Lasann said...

Hey, at least it's not Faux news. That's what comes on in our bedroom when he wakes up. Luckily during the week I get up and work 1st shift and he sleeps until later.

He'll say - here's the remote when waking up on the weekend, and I say "Yeah, so what." He doesn't understand a silent room!

~Nutz said...

I pretend to be asleep because I'm a raving bitch in the morning before I've had my coffee and an hour to myself. Mr. Nutz thinks all people should be cheery, morning folks like him.

grumble grumble...

Monstah said...

I want popcorn Swami.