What this country needs is a way for you to vote early, like the day after the parties announce their tickets. Then, after you vote your postal address and Dish or cable account number are notified. Maybe you can get your hand stamped too. I dunno.
Then you are officially out of the process. You will not have to throw away $8 - $10 worth of glossy political mailings every freaking day. Instead of listening to political candidates (& their spokespeople) endlessly vomit on the airways about how their opponent is a lying anti-Christ who can't wait to get elected so he/she can stand on the steps of the Capitol eating live puppies while accepting blow jobs and back rubs from assorted lobbyists, corporate money-suckers, gay activists and baby-killers -- instead of that your TV will show clips of kittens playing and children creating stuff in art class.
That's how I want to reform the voting process.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
I already voted. We can vote by touching the computer monitor at the library, for a couple of weeks before the election. I love your idea of voting cancelling out all the political mailings and TV commercials.
Actually, we can vote early too. But I never do that because what if my candidate dies in a plane crash? Which happens, you know (ref. Paul Wellstone and that guy in Missouri.)
I just want the pain of the campaign to stop. I can't even watch the local news anymore since it is full to the brim with hectoring political commercials, and then all the news does is talk about the stupid commercials.
I switch the channel as soon as any political ad starts. Sometimes I forget to go back and miss some of my shows. Oh well, the only other option is to not watch anything for the next week.
Your idea is brilliant!
I am not PAMF.
I think after a person votes, they should then shave off the person's right eyebrow.
Wouldn't that work?
I can't wait until Tuesday. Cannot wait.
I have to say that Arnold has sort of impressed me with his ads. For the most part he really hasn't flung any poop in his ads. He may almost have my vote this year.
You have MY vote!
Ha! We only have municipal elections here. We vote on the 13th. It's pretty pitiful. I can only name 2 people running for anything in my riding and I think we only have 2 mayoral candidates. 2 elections ago, we had 11. Now *that* was a fun election.
No wait, we have 3 candidates for mayor - the mayor, the councillor and the nutjob Marjiuana Party/Church of the Universe guy that runs for everything.
I've started picking up the phone and then immediately hanging it up.. I don't want them to leave a message I have to delete later!
Please let Tuesday get here and be gone!
I've already voted by mail in ballot... so leave me alone!!
Post a Comment