Monday, November 13, 2006

My People Are A Hearty People

Only in Minnesota can you drive by a Dairy Queen at 8:30 p.m. on a Saturday night in November, when the temperature is a cool 27' (with blustery wind) and find five people standing in line at the take-out window, waiting to order their Frozen Treat.

Well, maybe in East Bumfuck, Quebec - but not in many other places.

7 comments:

kim (weltek) said...

I'll give you total credit on that...I think Wisconsinites are becoming winter wusses. Ever since the winters started becoming so mild, we huddle inside during the cold evenings.

Puffy said...

It was in the mid 50's last night, I was in the house, and it was too cold for ice cream.

mm said...

Mmmmm! A coconut cream pie blizzard sounds yummy!

momma said...

You guys have a take out window where people actually stand?!?! How weird.

Swami said...

*baffled*

Of course we have such a window, Momma. Pretty much all DQs have a drive up and/or a walk up window. I thought that was a Great American Universal.

Zombs said...

I don't even have a Dairy Queen. The closest one to me is probably in Connecticut.

Very jealous. I loved Dairy Queen when I was in college and every time we go away we try to hit at least one DQ so I can get my fix.

momma said...

We have a drive thru window, but I've never ever seen a walk up window.