Thursday, November 30, 2006

Menopause Means

You will saves tons of money. Like on heat for instance. Who - me? Cold? Not at all.

Tom is such a trooper. He doesn't mind sleeping with the windows open and a fan on when temps are well below freezing. He just disappears under the pile of quilts on his side of the bed. He did ask for some flannel lined jeans for Christmas however. And my daughter is beginning her four months of martyrdom - December, January, February & March. Wimp.

I just thought I'd give all you youthful babes an update from the front, is all. Carry on. *fans self*

11 comments:

HistoryDetective said...

Ummm, I'll just file this away for, well, whenever.

*waves to Swami*

~Nutz said...

*fans Swami*

...and drops ice cubes down her shirt.

Jen said...

I'm usually hot all the time and I'm only 26. I can't imagine what it'll be like when menopause rolls around. I'll probably spontaneously combust.

Coco said...

HD makes me laugh.

Anyway, I know about your issues because a) my mom is in menopause and very chatty about it (how many times per visit she tells me she's still 'cycling' I don't care to count) and b) I am always warm.

*smooches*

Swami said...

Lol HD! You would be first here today!

I yearn for the day when I have zero FSH. Until then I will flash & fan. And strip.

Jen, I have publicly combusted several times. Usually at a gathering where everybody wonders why I am suddenly red & sweating. Now I know who buys those silly little battery-powered "personal fans". People like me.

lights said...

My new doctor asked me about the "M" word yesterday. My Mom's been telling me to get ready for it for a couple of years now but I try to shut her out. *giggle*

No flashes yet, at least of the hot variety. I do think my body is changing though. I used to be cold all the time. Now? not so much.

I remember one particular Christmas when Mom was doing the Hot Flash Boogie. Dad had the fire going in the rec room and Mom was in the kitchen with the windows wide open to the -35C air. The friggen curtains were almost horizontal! She was not amused.

*hires Swami a Cabana Boy with a large fan*

Swami said...

A large what?

mm said...

Aww, that sucks. My mom is going through it now, too. Once it's all over though, I'm imagining it will be really nice.

Bravie said...

I'm fairly certain that MM just called you old.

HistoryDetective said...

I guess that stripping is one solution that might provide relief. I have needed to use menopause as an excuse to remove a couple of layers though...

*waves to Swami*

*hopes waving has same effect as fanning*

Swami said...

The nerve of that young whipper-snapper!