Thursday, November 02, 2006

I Am Off to Tamarack Mall

To buy some stuff I decided I need. My shopping list: (Tom stop reading now)

--Epicurean Cutting Board, $19.99
--Oneida Roaster, $19.99 less $10 rebate = $9.99
--Roast & Stuff Turkey Lifter $19.99
--Stuffing Cage $9.99 (This looks so cool! You put up to 6 lbs of stuffing into this cage, and then stick the cage into the bird's cavity so it can cook inside the bird they way stuffing ought to. Then, you can just pull the whole shebang out by the handle, open it up and dump it into a serving dish. No mess, no fuss.)
--2 gravy boats $9.99 less $5 rebate = $4.99. (I don't own a gravy boat, so underpriveleged am I.)
--5 Qt Covered Chef Pan $19.99 less $10 rebate = $9.99. The handle broke off the lid of my dutch oven. I will buy this item only if the cover will fit my dutch oven too.)
--Wilton 3-piece cookie sheet set $14.99 (another maybe. I will have to look at them and decide.)

I have been cooking my turkeys in an ancient blue enameled turkey roaster that I bought at a garage sale for, I dunno - maybe 50 cents in 1980. I think I am due for an upgrade, no?

I have decided to get a regular turkey this year - not a high-end, all-natural, free-range, coddled-and-sung-to from birth, sold-by-reservation-only, $3.99/lb gourmet bird. So I'm not really spending any extra money. I'm just redistributing it. /rationalization

9 comments:

Lasann said...

Redistributing - I like that!

I like your new pic.

I may not do a turkey this year since the family only comes every other year. But then again Dbf loves a turkey.

Coco said...

So so glad that Thanksgiving is over (we had sushi), but I must say how jealous I am of the stuffing cage.

*sings turkey songs*

Okay, now I am going back to work.

Anonymous said...

Glad Baggies: $1.79
Loaf of Bread: $.99
Dry Ice: *shrugs* Not sure
Shipping Costs to Boo's house: $10 max.

Just a few more redistributed costs.

Aislinn Sirk said...

This reminds me I have some leftovers in my fridge from Thanksgiving I really, really should get rid of.

Zombs said...

I find the stuffing does well in the cage after it misbehaves.

Bravie said...

I love shopping for the kitchen. I wanna go.

Swami said...

*makes a date with Carey*

They have so much cool stuff at BB&B, Carey. I didn't buy the cookie sheets because they were nothing special & I already have a few.

Someday soon, I am going to start buying all silicon kitchen carp.

While at BB&B I also got an ultrasuede bed pillow - one of those backrest things with the little side arms? I have really been wanting one of those!

The stuffing cage looks kind of bizarre but I have high hopes for it.

Swami said...

Boo? Why would I ship you a loaf of bread on dry ice?

Also, dry ice - since I don't work in a lab anymore and can't just walk around & find some - is not cheap. Ten to 15 bucks for the smallest amount the dry ice place will sell.

*assumes Bob is talking about the recent Canadian Thanksgiving, not last November*

Puffy said...

Show Tom all your rebate checks. Look at all the money you made off of Thanksgiving!