Saturday, November 04, 2006

That Was Wierd. & I Heart Mongolian Barbeque

Okay, when I republished my blog just now it totally wiped out my Mongloian BBQ entry. I actually still had this in Word because the first time I tried to post it Blogger gave me some kind of error message and said to copy it and try posting later - the mystical software engineers were supposedly notified & everything. Fifteen minutes later it seemed to post fine from Word. I don't understand Blogger.

---original entry from Friday night---

Especially the spice your own stir fry part!

Tom hates to go out on Friday nights because a work week usually has him whipped and all he wants to do is put his feet up for a couple of hours. So last night we met up at the Mongolian BBQ in Stillwater & got take-out, which they sell by the pound - load your take-out container. We got 3 empty containers at the register & headed to the food.

First, I head for the BBQ grill where you pick out the sliced raw meats and assorted veggies & stuff you want stir-fried. I pass on the white meat chicken, getting mostly dark meat chicken with a little pork & beef and lots of shrimp. I get lots of fresh noodles because I love their flavor after they're cooked in "my" sauce. I pass on the mushrooms but add bean sprouts, celery, sliced tomatoes, carrots and lots of sliced onion. For my sauce pick the "Mongolian" combination but change it up a bit - so 2 ladles of Mongolian sauce, about 1/2 ladle sesame oil, 1 ladle wine sauce, a full ladle of chopped garlic (pieces - no juice), one light ladle of ginger sauce, a full ladle of chopped cilantro and sprinkle on fresh black pepper & some sesame seeds. No black bean sauce. Then the nice guy with 3 ft chopsticks cooks it all together on his super-hot flat grill.

After he swoops my cooked entree off the grill I head to the giant Chinese/Mongolian Buffet they have on the side. This is a very high quality table! I put a bunch of Pepper Chicken on my plate and pick good-looking vegetables from here & there. By this time my take-out container is full. And Tom has done his own thing - more pork and less spice; he adds deep-fried stuff from the buffet table.

In our third container we put the stuff we don't want to get 'juiced' in transit. Tom picks out wontons; I always get my sesame dumplings. I don't know what they are actually called but they are so delicious!

Then we rush home and put the food on our own china and eat. So yummy! And too much food of course, we only put half on the plate. So today? Microwaved Mongolian for dinner!!! Another full dish too.

The best part of this is the price. Remember they sell by the pound. For $20.85 total Tom and I get 2 delicious meals each - exactly the way we want them.

So, who wants Mongolian Barbeque? I'm buying.

5 comments:

Swami said...

And? I can comment. That's a good sign, right?

~Nutz said...

I've never had Mongolian BBQ, but if you're buying, I'm trying! :D

*pushes publish to see if the comments work*

~Nutz said...

Yay!!! It's fixed!

*pushes Swami's easy button* :P

mtw said...

That WAS weird. Te same thing happened on another blog I go to. I noticed yesterday that I couldn't comment on your entry but could comment on older entries.

Seana said...

I swear I posted in the Mongolian BBQ thread before. Weird.

I forget what I said though, so hi!