Monday, November 06, 2006

My 'Do' List This Week

1. finish 90% of my christmas shopping.

That's it. I have already missed the November 1st Raising of the Toy Store Prices (which goes unnoticed because everyone is in a chocolate coma at that time.) I have one pile of flagged catalogs with stuff to order online, one pile of flagged store fliers to go show up & buy, and two favorite import shops to cruise through just in case.

12 comments:

Glowie said...

ooh! I'm going to do a list on my bloggy!

I have not done any Christmas shopping yet. Not that I'll be buying everybody something. I'm filling Shawn's stocking and getting stuff for nieces and nephews. I have never had to do this before. I feel terrible. I'm going to really dislike Christmas this year. *sigh*

Lasann said...

It's not even Thanksgiving yet!

Swami said...

I always like to be done by Thnksgiving. Well, mostly done anyway. I have a number of gifts I have to mail, so early is better. Especially mailing to Canada because Canada Post is, like, barely functional.

Jen said...

I have no clue what I am getting anyone yet. I'm usually one of those people who wait until the week before christmas to start my shopping.

arkie said...

Ugh! I haven't even thought about Christmas shopping yet. I have no idea what I'm going to get anyone.

arkie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
arkie said...

That delete was me. I accidently zombied my comment.

Bravie said...

Crap. I have no clue when I will get to mine. Michelle gave me my schedule for the next month and I am a busy girl.

yvonne said...

I have several catalogs with the flags on them. I must remember to order. Soon.

Hi Swami!!!

Zombs said...

Put me down for a Tickle Me Swami!

Swami said...

Hiya, Augie!

Zombs, on the very first day that the first Tickle Me Elmo was put on store shelves I played with one and almost bought it for myself because it was so. darn. cute. But then I decided that was silly so I passed on it. Of course, just a few weeks later I could have sold the freaky little thing for 10 times what I had payed for it and more!!! I really kicked myself a lot that Christmas season.

Swami said...

Forgot to say -

So far I have got one sister an out of print book she has been searching for for years, Myanmar Style (There was just one copy available on the whole internet, lol.)

Other sister is also taken care of - Shih Tzu themed carp and candles for her.

Oldest daughter got a fancy travel clock just like mine, which she tried very hard to talk me out of when I saw her this summer. That's all she gets because she owes me so much freaking money it isn't funny.

Middle daughter so far has just a cat clock with wagging tail pendulum. Not a Felix clock. This one is nice calico. She will also get a gift card for clothes shopping.

I got Tom a 32" statue of St Francis of Assisi which will look great in a little meditation grotto we are creating in one corner of the yard. We looked all summer for St. Francis but couldn't find one with the right look. Then there he was in my Gardener's Supply Co. catalog!

And I got myself two sculpted metal wall frogs - like giant tree frogs, splayed out and climbing the wall. One is 30" and one is 20". They will decorate my screen porch. I love them!

Max (my adult son with autism) is so hard to find things for. He likes travel books, flashlights and glow-sticks. The books I have to look at page-by-page because for him the format is more important than anything else.

We don't exchange gifts with Tom's extended family. Just his mom, who doesn't want or need anything but kind of likes stuff from Poland. She has a Polish doll collection so I may go eBay hunting for her.

Once I'm sure everyone has one nice main present then I feel off the hook. Between now and christmas I may pick up stuff I stumble across that looks perfect for someone, but the pressure is off. I am "done".