Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Mr. Swami's First Blog Post

Is not here. Monday night I was watching TV and Mr. Swami was on the computer. Suddenly he called out "I posted on a blog!!!"

"What!?!" I cried. "Which one?"

Silly me. He posted on some stupid financial wizards' board hosted by Yahoo, for "serious" discussion only - no ulterior motives, no spammers, no personal chatter of any kind. How dull is that?

So I asked him, "What's your name?" When he told me I thought "uh-oh." He used a name that is part of an RL email address. I told him he shouldn't use that name because people could easily find out who he really is. He got kind of frustrated and said "How was I supposed to know that !?!" And then he got really frustrated when I told him everyone knows that.

So I logged on, did a quick Yahoo search of his chosen board name and in less than 2 seconds pulled up a page of links to a few business websites that he is included on (and two product reviews he did for Amazon.com, lol.) The top link, of course, included his photo, full name, home address & phone, and place of business. Boy was he stunned!

So we changed his name right away.

Usually for all things computer related he has the deep tech skills and I am just a monkey on a keyboard. so it was fun to finally show him up in a computer-related way.

13 comments:

kim (weltek) said...

It's always good to outsmart a husband ocassionally.

Puffy said...

This is so funny.

Coco said...

This advice is a little rich coming from someone who doesn't have the guts to say what they think in person.

Surveysez said...

On days when the net is slow, I get asked by DH what is wrong. Until he started that, I did not know that the internet apparently begins and ends in my computer and I can decide the speed and quality for surfing.

Oh well, at least he finally remembers all the steps for his e mail. (Or asks the kids and tells them not to tell me)

kim (weltek) said...

Looks up at anonymous. Hi Mr. Swami!

*grin*

*now gives evil eye to anonymous*

Swami said...

Looks like anonymous wants to be booted. I just hope I don't break a nail opening up my blog and repositioning the series of tubes again.

*swigs her Baileys*

Swami said...

Oh. There used to be an anonymous comment right above Coco. Evidently, permanent deletion is quite thorough.

momma said...

I'm glad you explained the anonymous thing. Cause I was quite confused.

~Nutz said...

Good for you, showing Mr. Swami a thing or two about techie stuff.

*pats Swami in the back*

~Nutz said...

Uhhh.... That should say, "ON" the back. :)

Bravie said...

Mr. Swami found his way to my blog and posted. I'm not telling which of my posts though.

Aislinn Sirk said...

It's a good thing you mentioned you deleted a comment. Otherwise, I might start thinking Coco was nuts.

Well more nuts.

Swami said...

He gone now, PAMF.