In my state of MN, anyway.
So, do you vote in primaries? Do they work well in your state?
I hate MN primaries. One party (not saying which) typically has few or no contested positions this close to the actual election. MN has "open" primaries. That is, people may vote in a party's primary whether or not they are members of that political party. So what happens is that when Party A has no contested positions, Party A people all go to Party B's primary poll and vote for the Party B candidate they think will be easiest to beat in the November election. At least that's the scuttlebut.
So this morning I have to go do some defensive voting. And it's rainy out! The things I do to support democracy! Vote in the rain.
Maybe I'll get a donut while I'm out. I like donuts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

14 comments:
Bring me a doughnut, willya? I am barefoot and cleaning today.
It is primary day here too. I don't vote in them because I can't. I am registered as an independent and I think you have to be democrat or republican right?
I should change that.
I originally was going to vote for Clinton for senator because I have always like her...*gasp* I know unpopular opinion.
However I just saw a comparison of the man she is running against in the primary and he seems better. She is too moderate for me. She does not approve same sex marriage even which I was kind of taken aback by. Well she supports domestic priveledges and stuff. Also supports the death penalty. I was shocked I tell ya!
In MN, you don't have to be registered to any party. But you can vote in any one primary of your choice. Hence the nasty party switching at primary time.
Coco, I thought you were done with that whole barefoot & pregnant thing for a while.
Zombs, the more I see of Hillary the less I like her. She wants to be a tool, or so it seems.
I think she had the potential to be good. She certainly is smart enough but just is becoming much more of a tool I agree.
I always vote. We recently started having open primaries and people report the same problem here.
I like donuts, too. Zombie needs a donut to sit on.
I don't vote in primaries. I'm not informed enough and I'm too lazy to inform myself. And too lazy to go and vote for that matter. I'll take a doughnut though. Chocolate frosted with the white sugary stuff in the middle, please. What is that stuff anyway? I don't know. I'm not talking about custard. This stuff is more light, kind of like a whipped frosting. You know what I'm talking about? What is that stuff? It's really good. That is my favorite kind of doughnut, though I am partial to strawberry filled too. Anyway...yeah. I don't vote in primaries.
:D
Nothing to say on the vote, but I'll take a doughnut. Just not the one Zombie's been sitting on to keep the pressure off her 'roids.
Here, too, Swami. Ours I think are similar to yours, but not sure.
In Wisconsin you don't have to be a member of a party to vote in a primary, but you can only vote for candidates of one party. For example, you can't vote for one of the Republicans in the lt. governor primary and also vote for one of the Democrats in the US Senate primary.
So basically, you pick race is most important to you & then you have to vote for that same party's candidates on the rest of the primary races. I'm most concerned about our State Attorney General & am voting between which of the two Dems to put up in the Nov. election. Thus, the rest of my votes on the ticket will also have to be for Democrates. Silly, huh?
Opens box of Kowalski's Donuts.
Have at 'em, girls & boys. Maybe if the poll passed out donuts instead of those little 'I Voted Today' stickers more people would vote.
Five election judges, two voters, no waiting. At least when I went. Maybe they're expecting a big rush after work or something.
Jen, I think it IS whipped frosting, with extra added preservatives for that 'just-whipped' feel. I like custard filling better than that. In my book you can't beat the perfection of a simple old-fashioned donut - a little almond flavoring in the dough & fry. Don't frost it or fill it or sprinkle it or any of those things. Simple perfection is what it's all about.
You can barely find donuts like that anymore, but I? am so lucky because my General Store makes pretty good ones.
I didn't get myself a donut though. I got a bag of Earle's popcorn.
I love it when it rains on voting day. That way all the people who really don't care just stay home. I like it when it's harder to vote!
I'll bet there are some left wing radicals who believe the Repulicans are to blame for the rain - we're all praying to God for rain to keep the Dems home!
MTW <--just joking. You all know that, right?
You can uncross your fingers now, MTW. So hard to type that way!
I think the only people really affected by rain are those who rely on buses for transportation - so usually city people.
Living as I do in the state of Minnesota we have a snowstorm on election day every once in a while. That takes out many rural and older urban folks. *I* always hope for snow!
But I do agree that if you don't know what's going on then stay home and don't vote. However. Some people (maybe like Jen?) don't know that you don't have to vote for a candidate in every position! If you are only interested in one race, say for governor but you couldn't care less who the attorney general is - then you just leave that part of your ballot blank. I think people get discouraged thinking they have to know about every candidate in every race. Not so.
I want a doughnut! Boston Cream please!
I don't do the primaries. They seem like such a bother. I have no idea when ours is or who the potential candidates are.
Post a Comment