Saturday, September 23, 2006

I Am Strangely Drawn to This Dude



He can take me home anytime. Is anyone else watching?

20 comments:

arkie said...

I've watched once or twice. I agree, he could pick me up at the grocery store anytime.

momma said...

Who is that?

lights said...

*sits beside Momma in the clueless corner*

But, if he cooks, I'm interested. *wink*

Puffy said...

He looks a little like Mike Boogie. *shudder*

Is he on the Food Channel?

Swami said...

He is 'The Take Home Chef" Curtis Stone, on HGTV - or is it TLC? - I forget. One of those.

His schtick is that he wanders into an (upscale) grocery store with his camera crew, spots a woman shopping and volunteers to come home with her and cook a fabulous meal for whoever she is cooking for that night - usually it's a husband/boyfriend.

The set-up is kind of silly, but this guy can cook! While explaining what he is doing to the woman of the kitchen he gives a pretty good lesson in making whatever it is they decided to prepare.

Really, the guy can cook! He makes fabulous stuff with very little fuss. He's an Aussie who spent 10 years as a chef in London so his accent is a bit weird and he's a terrible (as in awkward) flirt, but somehow the show works.

HistoryDetective said...

"Strangely" being the key word. I thought it was Booger at first.

Zombs said...

He looks like Bree's son on Desparate Housewives.

He does not do it for me the way Tyler Florence does!

Zombs said...

He looks like Bree's son on Desparate Housewives.

He does not do it for me the way Tyler Florence does!

Swami said...

Heh heh. Zombie came to llok at his pic three times.

He's on TLC. I think new shows are on Friday night, but they have various reruns during the week.

I'm going to buy a monkfish next time I go to the store. He makes it look very nice to cook.

Coco said...

Really, Swami? I think he is gross. Maybe it's the awkward flirting.

*bitchslap*

Jen said...

I've watched a couple of times. It's a good show. He is pretty cute, but there is something about the way he breathes that bugs me. But as long as he keeps that accent, I don't much care!

Jen said...

Blogger ate my post, I think. A summary of what I said:
I've watched.
Good show.
He's cute.
His breathing bugs me.
Love the accent!

Jen said...

Or not. *rolls eyes*

Swami said...

I get bitchslapped for disagreeing with Coco? Or is it because she hates my limericks? Or just because she likes me?

*waits for Jen's next post*

Or maybe it's because I'm a bitch.

Schnookie said...

I like that show and think he's pretty cute. Thank goodness I don't shop at upscale grocery stores. Whenever I watch him, I think how I would react if he approached me. All I would be thinking is, "OMH, my house is a mess!".

Coco said...

Swami, I adore you. I only bitchslap because you were expecting it.

*predictable since 1974*

Anonymous said...

Glad I'm not the only one who thought it was Boogie.

kim (weltek) said...

I've never been able to watch a whole show. Thus, I will let you have him. I make enough people share their celebrity boyfriends with me. Like Tyler Florence.

Swami said...

Ick, Kim. He's not a boyfriend. Just a cheap thrill.

Glowie said...

Is this the produce manager at your local grocery?