Thursday, September 07, 2006

Prepare To Be Tea-Bagged

*giggle*

Bet you thought those were words I'd never say to you! But I was inspired by the last thing Tom did last night. No, not that! He drank a cup of tea. One of those uppity teas with clever stuff written on the box and the bag.

Anyway, this is what Tom's teabag said last night:

After Mt. Mazama erupted 7,700 years ago, there was a spot in the southern Cascades where you could feel the warmth of the lava and the cool of the jet stream. Drinking a cup of Refresh is sort of like that.

Gave me major giggle pants. Who the heck writes this stuff, and what strange New Age dimension do they inhabit?

8 comments:

kim (weltek) said...

Speaking of Tea...I have some not-tea at home. It's pretty good.

I didn't know it was not-tea. I just wanted some decaf for before bed & picked up a box at TJ Maxx. As I read the box, I realized it really wasn't tea. It was like green tea, only it was "rooibos" which is a bush that isn't the same as the actual tea bush. It has more antioxidants than green tea, though. *shrug*

Schnookie said...

LOL. Sort of like that?

Yeah right. Just want I want to feel when I'm drinking tea. Scalding hot lava. LOL.

Zombs said...

Tea bush?

Puffy said...

"The warmth of the lava and the cool of the jet stream" sounds sexual, to me.

Swami said...

But it doesn't make sense Puffy! It's an immpossible comparison offered up in total sincerity.

Yes, Zombs. Tea grows on a bush. When you drink tea you are drinking bush juice. Yummy, isn't it?

Bravie said...

I'm interested in this non tea that Kim speaks of.

Seana said...

I would like to know how to pronounce the word "rooibos".

row-OY-boss?

row-OY-bowz?

row-OY-bowss?

roo-EE-bos?

roo-ih-bowz?

Weird word.

Swami said...

I think Kim should offer us some rooibos and whatever the heck kind of cheese goes with it.