Wednesday, September 13, 2006

My Day So Far...

I washed the kitchen cupboards with PineSol and finished my book. Did a little paperwork and got my Daily Show fix (on DVR).

This afternoon I am off to Aveda for a haircut and foiling. Every time I go I get my hair cut a bit shorter than the last time. Soon my ears will be exposed for the first time since I was about 13 years old. Why is is that women always cut thier hair off as they grow older?

Plus, while I love the results of a foil haircoloring I feel like such an idiot sitting there with 50 or 60 little sheets of carefully folded aluminum foil sticking out every which way. On the bright side - at least I am safe from alien mind control for a while!

11 comments:

~Nutz said...

I love when I sit in the salon with the foils on and the little old ladies look at me as if I were an alien contacting my home planet! :)

I think the older you get, the more you just can't be bothered with styling longer hair all the time. I haven't reached that point yet, but I have noticed that too.

Schnookie said...

I love it when there are several of us sitting in the little waiting room at the salon with all the goofy foil/saran wrap/etc. in our hair.

Schnookie said...

Oh, and I also seem to get my hair cut shorter each time I go to the salon.

lights said...

We must be on the same "foiling" schedule. I'm due to get foiled at the moment too. Normally my hairdresser uses the cap (which I really don't mind) but last time she foiled me. As long as there isn't another major power outage while I'm getting it done, it's all good.

My hair's been (relatively) short since 2003. For some reason I've had an craving for my long hair again but I just can't stand the thought of growing it out again.

Maybe it stems from overhearing some guy at a ball game say that short hair makes a woman look old. Nah, once I saw him remove his shirt and witnessed the massive amount of hair on his back his opinion went out the window. His girlfriend was tall, thin and had very long hair. I had to laugh when a friend of mine told me that she once told the same girl that it was time for her to get a "big girl" haircut. *snort*

I'll answer your email question here to kill two birds with one stone. I don't think I'll ever be able to play on the blogs from work. This job has me hopping from the time I walk in the door til the time I leave. I've even started working through my lunch to keep up. Not complaining though. I'm just really happy to have this job and I really do love it. Winter's coming and I'll be home on the weekends again so I'll have more time to play, even if it will be on the weekends.

Zombs said...

Swami I'll answer your e-mail question here too.

Sometimes it is best not to reuse the cucumber.

Swami said...

Zombs. Too late!!!

Cucumber, tomato, fresh lime juice, a little salt & pepper - delish.

Puffy said...

I didn't get an email question.

Seana said...

I've never had my hair coloured professionally.

Years ago, I got a perm. I was 14 and a friend's sister was in beauty school, so she did it for the price of the chemicals. She had to layer my hair, which hadn't been cut in forever and was very long.

I remember all the other students taking the big long pieces of my hair and colouring them. *snort*

The perm was nice at first, but didn't really survive long.

Swami said...

I hate blooger. It ate my morning-after post and I don't feel like writing it again. Stupid blooger! Sometimes when I type a longer post I copy it first, just in case blooger farts. When I copy it never eats the post, but when I forget? CHOMP, post gone.

Anonymous said...

This is my last "grow out" before I go short again. And then I think I'll be too old to fool with it. Maybe I'll just shave it off. It worked for Natalie and Demi.

Swami said...

Ooooo - they looked hot with no hair, Boo. You're a brave woman if you can pull off that look!