Wednesday, August 23, 2006

This? Is Serve Swami Day!

My lovely DH Tom is taking a day off from work to do whatever I say. Isn't that very sweet? He does it once or twice a year and plays catch-up on a variety of things I have wanted him to do with me or for me over the past few months (or year, lol), but he just didn't have time for. This is his “do” list for the day:

 Put together classy wood bench he bought me for Mother’s Day but never got around to assembling
 Hang large framed fern fronds on porch (I pressed fronds from my own fern garden.)
 Hang 2 strings of white lights on the porch (for gentle mood lighting)
 Move big trunk at the top of the stairs
 Hang the large gilded mirror at top of the stairs. (It used to be in our bedroom but had to move when we put a TV up there.)
 Hang new curtain rods for new office curtains
 Position the rustic outdoor deer (too hard to explain – I’ll post a pic some day.)
 Build small bookcase topper
 Hang a tarp “curtain” across the back of our open 3rd garage, to conceal the ladders & junk behind it.

Aren’t I a lucky girl!!!
So, what are YOU going to do for me today?

17 comments:

Swami said...

Oh, I am very capable of hanging simple pictures, but these are bigger frames, and the mirror is very heavy - so both are a 2-person job.

HistoryDetective said...

I gave you a tour of my place. What more do you want?

Schnookie said...

Will Tom be wearing a tool belt? Cause then I'd come over and we could oogle his tool belt. *grin*

~Nutz said...

I'm sorry. I can't assist you today. I have a cluster headache around my left eye socket. Maybe you can serve me when you're done with your stuff. {/whine}

Surveysez said...

I could look it all over when it is done and comment on what a fine job has been accomplished.

Bravie said...

I can drink 14 cups of coffee for you today.

Swami said...

HD, I would like a photo of your underwear drawer. tyvm

Nookie, Tom is wearing ratty jeans and a CSI T-shirt. His tools all have their own carrying cases. Exactly which tool did you plan on oogling?

Nutz. Dream on. this is MY day!

Survey, compliments are always appreciated!

Carey, you only need to drink 12 - I have the other two covered. Wiil you also be peeing for me today?

Bravie said...

I am half way there. And I have made sure to pee twice everytime I have gone. Once for me and once for you.

~Nutz said...

Darnit! *sobs*

I want a day! Wah!!!

~Nutz said...

Hey! I just noticed your blog is now "semi-permanent"! Yay!!! *grin*

mtw said...

LOL@ the semi-permanent blog.

Today, I can make you some cookies or some fresh salsa. I can also provide you with candy, as I'm having to clear out my candybarrow.

FTR, Tom's serve Swami day is an idea I will be implementing for the future Mrs. MTW. ;-) Of course, it will be "Serve Mrs. MTW" day, not "Serve Swami" day at my house!

Coco said...

How about I do all your burping for you?

*stoopid antibiotics*

Anonymous said...

*adds item to Tom's list*

[fancy box goes here] build a room for Boo so that she can move in and become adopted daughter.

I've been trying to get Michael to hang some shelves for about 2 years now.

Aislinn Sirk said...

I can remove all mushrooms from your kitchen and help myself to all the ice cream.

kim (weltek) said...

Ok, now I really understand the Tom love. *thud*

~Nutz said...

Hey! Swami day is over!

Schnookie said...

Tom must be servicing Swami today *giggle*