Thursday, August 31, 2006

Inspired By Zombs

Who asked MM if she remembered her own birth.

These are my earliest memories. I know they are very early because they are all in our house in Indiana, from which we moved when I was just over two years old.

1. Laying in a crib and looking at my mom's face. Her face is huge, lol. Fills the whole room! Of course, I slept in a crib until the day we moved so this is not necessarily a really early memory.

2. Standing in the hallway holding the string of a kite hung on the back of a door while everyone laughs. Evidently "go fly a kite" was our family's euphemism of choice for "get lost & quit bothering me." I? took the request literally (according to later information) and actually ran off looking for the kite.

3. Pooping in the tub; my mom's disgusted face as she picked it out of the water; my sister Carole's raucous laughter. (Stuff like this made me hate my sister from my earliest years. She always came running to witness any mis-step I took and invariably made fun of me in the meanest way she could. I don't know why my mother never stopped her.)

4. Running & falling into water (there was a creek behind our house), and my brother (looking 10 feet tall) lifting me out. Most of the memory is this giant blonde guy reaching waaaay down and lifting. (My brother was 18 years older than me, so would have been maybe 6'7" at this time.) (Mother & sister swear I could not possibly remember this because I was barely walking at the time. But I do!)

5. Sitting very very sneaky & quietly on the top step of our stairway, sucking a bottle and peeking through the bannister at the grown-ups & my sisters downstairs. Brother had told me (I think my brother, not really sure) that after I went to bed everyone rode ponies. I wanted to see!


Two year old Swami, at the bottom of the stairs.

9 comments:

Schnookie said...

I can't believe you have so many early memories. I think it's so cool that you do.

LOL at the picture. How cute are you? And, now I see where you get your attraction to onesies LOL.

Schnookie said...

Oh, and LOL at the go fly a kite story. So so cute!

mm said...

I love this! How awesome to remember things like that. Whenever I try to share my earliest memories, my family looks at me like I have three heads and tell me I must have dreamt it up. So irritating!

Bravie said...

Wow, you haven't changed a bit. Maybe a little taller.

Swami said...

Plus I drink from glass bottles now.

yvonne said...

I'm glad your brother pulled you out of the creek.

And Swami? I would have gone looking for a kite too.

:-)

~Nutz said...

Awww! How cute you are! What cool memories. I'll have to think of my own earliest ones.

Zombs said...

Swami! I swear we have the same families!

I find a lot of similarities between our family life. Your parents were older too when they had you? I have a sister 18 years older as well(and 16 and a brother 13 years older). Second sister was the mean one to me.

Your picture looks like me too! I must find a picture of me around that age and post it!

LOL at the go fly a kite. My parents used to tell me to "go play on the expressway". Good thing I never listened.

Zombs said...

Pooping in the tub is never fun.