I smell produce, in the grocery store.
We produce-smellers a minority but we are out there. You can tell so much about the freshness of produce by sniffing it! Sometimes non-smellers gape at me but I don't care. If it doesn't smell right to me I will not buy it.
*sniffs blog*
Yup. A fresh entry.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

21 comments:
How's the hole?
I smell melons. That's about it.
LOL. You're adorable Swami!
I never smell veggies or fruits. Never thought you had to. How did you learn the right smells?
I tried smelling a cantelope while we were on vacation, but I couldn't deal with the stares, so I just plopped it in the cart.
And, it was the sweetest one I've ever had.
LOL! You don't know how many people have looked at me strangely when I smell my produce. Especially the melons! Many of them have actually asked me what I was doing and I teach them how to tell a ripe melon from a notsoripe one.
Nookie, if it smells good, it's best! On a cantalope, you smell the naval. If it smells like fresh cantalope, it's perfect. If it doesn't have a strong scent, it's not ripe yet.
Hmmm...I have been failing miserable at picking watermelons. Maybe Nutz's cataloupe-smelling trick will work on them too!
I usually only smell bags of things, like potatoes and onions, or the crate of clementines.
You don't have to think about it, Nookie. Just trust your instincts.
It is most funny when I overhear a kid reporting to their parent in a low but scandalized voice "Mommy, that lady is smelling stuff!"
Kim, the Hole has been replaced with The Patch. The Patch is deepest, darkest asphalt black; the driveway is Grayed-out Old Asphalt. It looks pathetic.
I do live my the mantra of "Always smell it first"
Well, that is very interesting. I've always just felt the fruits. If the cantaloupe feels not too hard, then I get it. If the onions are too soft, I don't get them. I always feel funny feeling the fruits and veggies. Especially when I take too long with the cucumbers *grin*
Swami, you are a produce freak. You smell it, you wash it with soap. What else do you do? Do you take it out for dinner and a movie before you eat it? *giggle*
I smelled lobsters once.
I learned my lesson.
Lol, Jen. I will confess to having used carrots and cucumbers in ways some farmer may not have foreseen! But it was just a test drive, not a continuing produce fetish/addiction.
Zombs, were the lobsters still alive when you smelled them? Because, ouch!
Carey, I think I should be grossed out?
But I'm not.
It really is a good idea, Swami. *grin*
Point, Carey.
And zucchini? Irritating.
You know this was a perfectly polite & proper blog entry before you all ran with it.
Hey, you're the one who went there with the whole produce fetish thing. You only have yourself to blame. *grin*
Hehe I like the name Squami.
I don't like the name Squami. It makes me feel all squirmy or something.
Carey started me into freefall with her "mantra" thing. Right up until that everything was prim and proper.
Why is it always my fault? *sigh*
I am very prim and proper and it's not my fault that you people take things out of context.
*stomps off in a prim and proper fit*
*rereads Carey's comment*
Okay, I could be wrong here. I jumped to a conclusion based on, well not very much I guess.
Okay. Maybe it IS me.
I hereby retract everything I said and join Carey on the prim & proper end of the bench.
Thank you. I don't know why I can't make a comment about holes and pussies and smellling things without people jumping to conclusions. *sniff*
I have a good girl reputation to uphold.
Bring in the Monstah. Everything will be righted, orderly and proper in her presence.
Post a Comment