Tuesday, August 22, 2006

These Photos Are B.S.

Before. Scooba. This is my humble kitchen. Bennington Gray is evidently a very subtle color because it looks like nothing is on the walls. But trust me, it is a lovely color! I replaced the upper cupboards a few years ago, but just put new doors on the lower ones. Eventually, I would like to replace the lower ones too, and reconfigure to get an island.


This is a close-up of the needlepoint on the wall. My mother did this while she was pregnant with me! Isn't that a cool thing to have?


Here is the kitchen table. I love my bay window, and the view beyond!


This is my wall of pantry cupboards. I love my fancy pull-out and flip around shelves! So convenient. At the far end there is a small inset closet space by the back door. It doesn't look like much from this angle but it is lined with the same color oak as the cupboards and irl it looks very nice. Oh yeah. I mentioned I'm tall? The top of the cupboards is a shelf where I keep larger-sized items. And no, I don't need a foot stool to reach things.


Nobody looked at the dirty floor, right? Because these are B.S. photos.

12 comments:

Bravie said...

Cool pics. I love the cabinets.
I saw a piece of dirt on the floor though. :)

Swami said...

*smacks* Carey. No floor looking!

HistoryDetective said...

Very nice!

Is blogger allowing photos now? I'll have to try again. I want to post photos of my domicile!

I had no idea you were tall in real life. I assumed that you were petite.

~Nutz said...

I promise I did not look at the floor!

I love the view from your bay window! ...and having the needlepoint is very cool.

I would need a ladder or Mr. Nutz to get those things off the top of the cabinets. *grin*

Swami said...

HD, I never have problems posting pics (well, I did once - right before blogger crashed.) The photos I want to post I open in Adobe PhotoShop and then resave them as "save for the Web", with a much smaller file than all the photos I save to print. They post quite quickly.

Seana said...

Domicile?

Are we faluting again?

Bravie said...

Ouch. I got smacked. *pout*

Schnookie said...

What a lovely kitchen Swami. I have the same cupboards. The only thing I don't like about them is that they don't have handles. So, I often lose nails when I try to pull open a drawer and my fingers slip.

LOVE the bay window and the view. I also love the window over the sink. I've always wanted that. I don't have one in my current home.

How sweet to have that kneedlepoint that your mom did when preggers with you. Very nice!

Swami said...

Was I gone? My blog reduced itself to one post with no comments, and a totally blank sidebar. So I republished and it all came back, but with this 'links to this post' thing. Do I want that? WTF is it?

Swami said...

Nookie, I have pulls on the drawers. Just not the cupboards.

Puffy said...

I can't even reach the top shelves of the cabinets let alone ON TOP of the cabinets!

Good-looking kitchen and I love the sentiment of the needlepoint.

Anonymous said...

I never look for dirty on anyone's floors. Never. Especially since mine really need to be replaced.

And I love all of your cabinets.

I am loving the house tours. Perhaps I will be inspired to do one myself.