This is my excitement for the morning. Power off @ 5 a.m. Tom wakes me up trying to find the little battery powered travel clock I have so he can find out what time it is. Then the power pulses begin.
Power on, he gets up to shower.
Power off, back to bed.
Power flickers on/off a few more times, then stays off. (I should mention there is no rain, no wind, nothing). Tom dresses in yesterday's clothes figuring he will take a shower at work.
I learn that my husband, the king of remotes, has a battery powered lantern somehow hooked up to a bedside clicker! Yes, even with the power off he still has a workable remote! Proof of geekdom, I guess.
And that's the extent of my thrills so far today. On. Off. Repeat.
Interestingly, the computer is hooked up to a fancy battery/surge protector box that has about an hour's worth of power for the 'puter, so even if the power flickers off briefly my screen stays lit, no data is lost. Isn't that cool? More proof of geekdom too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Tom has a shower at work? Lucky him! Does he have access to the "executive washroom" or something?
Sorry about the unexplained power surges. :(
Ack! That would drive me nuts.
LMAO at Tom having a remote control for the lantern. My DH will be so envious about that one.
I want one of those power surge things. My computer will run on battery but I will lose internet connection. If I hook up my cable modem to the surgey thing, will it stay on for an hour?
Well, executive washroom sounds a little high falutin', but yes his company has boy showers and girl showers on one floor, access by keycard only. Of course everything is keycarded at the bank.
Carey, we get our internet over the phone lines and the phone operates with no power. Maybe he has it connected up some way special - I don't know
Oh, that surge-thingie that lets you play on the puter even when the power's out is cool.
So, did you find out what caused the on&off-ing?
I'm having no end of trouble making comments lately.
*sigh*
Did you take advantage of the power outage to seduce him?
*dirty-minded, lately*
Coco, no. I like water to wash after, tyvm.
Seanna, I think a long dead tree just dove off the river bluff and right onto the wire.
Carey, this isn't like a laptop battery. It's a big box thing that sits on the floor and you plug stuff into it. We could plug our printer in too, but then we'd only have about 10 minutes of power!
Post a Comment