Who would think that painting my kitchen would be such a crippling experience! Okay, I had to go up and down the little step ladder 47 x 3 times (one taping, 2 coats of paint.) How hard can that be? Up, down, repeat.
Maybe, just maybe, when you have jumped the hump and your age is closer to 100 than it is to 1 these things are harder. Like on your knees for instance. My left knee is totally killing me! I want traction. I want chocolate. I want Tom to come home and make me feel better. I want somebody to put everything back for me. I want a Scooba to wash the kitchen floor. I want many things.
On the bright side, I love the kitchen. It is painted with Benjamin Moore's Elmira White and Bennington Gray. Aren't those very cool names? Classy, even.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
I think we need pictures to decide if the colors are worth the pain.
Yep, where are the pictures?
I suppose, eventually, there could be pictures. Just don't look at the floor.
Scooba cleaned my bathroom this morning.
And that Elmira White name has been bothering me. Now I know why. It reminds me of Elvira. Skeery. Or funny. Depending on if you are thinking of the Halloween chick or the Oak Ridge Boys song from 1980-something.
I won't look at the floor, I promise!
*waits*
*sits with MM and agrees to not look at the floor*
Yes, we're waiting for pics.
Momma sure is talking about the Oak Ridge Boys a lot. I might have met them once. I was little, so I'm not sure if it was THE Oak Ridge Boys, or an imitation band. I should ask my dad about that. I do recall singing Elvira with them.
Post a Comment