Good morning, blog world. Have you made your bed today?
Also, FYI - the freakiest freakout that has ever been freaked was freaked on this day, May 15th, in the Year of our Lord Two Thousand by my cat Tippy Toes.
I was having my big kitchen window replaced with a bay window unit. Tippy, never a fan of strange men with toolbelts stayed safely hidden until the workmen moved outside. Then he came into the kitchen and sat on a chair about 2 ft from the window to watch them, in full confidence that they were outside and he was inside completely safe, protected by the inviolate window barrier. (By this time, of course, the old window was gone, with a window sized hole where it used to be.)
So, imagine Tippy's shock when the workman suddenly stepped off the ladder and through the window right at him! Oh, he jumped 4 feet straight up while in the classic puffed hair, arched back, cat freakout posture. Then he turned in midair and took off running the second his feet touched down. He ran full tilt boogey right into my bank of cupboards. (I guess he thought that if men could walk through walls, then cats could run through cupboards - I dunno.)
He hit the wall with a loud THWACK! and bounced back stunned. I went to pick him up hoping he had not hurt himself, when he staggered to his feet, ran into the hallway and crawled under a bookcase with about 1 & 1/2 inches clearance to the floor. I would have bet money he could not squeeze under it. But he did, and he stayed there all day.
Moral of this story? Beware the Ides of May, young cat.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
LOL. Cats are so cute when they are scared. I hope kitty's heart beat returns to normal some day!
Poor kitty baby. *kitty smooches*
OMG! I could just picture that whole thing! It almost sounds like a cartoon.
*scritches* for Tippy Toes
LOL! Poor Tippy Toes. *giggle*
PS- I never make my bed. I'm the only one who ever sees it and it's just going to get messed up again anyhow. :)
LMAO! That description really made me LOL! Poor cat. *snort*
Cute story. I would have liked to see kitty gingerly step out and tentatively check out the new window.
LOL, I just noticed that it said beware the ides of May, not March. Duh.
Yes, I made my bed. And DD's and DS's.
Poor Tippy Toes! *scritch* for him.
Puffy, Tippy was very & extremely cautious when he finally checked out the window. He stalked up on it verrrry slooowly. It was "hard" again by then, lol, and he trusts windows again.
Oh poor kitty. I would feel sorry for the kitty if I wasn't laughing so hard.
Hilarious story! Love the name Tippy-Toes.
If it were up to me, I'd never make my bed. I absolutely hate making my bed. I don't know why. Perhaps because I spent my entire youth hearing my mom yell, "make your bed". Now, I want to rebel. When DH is out of town, I won't make the bed. Unfortunately, now that our house is up for sale, I must make it all the time. *sigh*
Great story, Swami. I am ashamed to say I laughed loud over poor Tippy Toes torment.
And count me as one of those who always makes their bed.
Post a Comment