He just threw some things into a duffle bag and drove off! I am heartbroken.
Of course he'll be back on Friday, but still - I am all alone for two whole days. I hate sleeping alone!
He went to Omaha with a gang of four. They all decided unanimously that driving for 4+ hours was much superior to a 2+ hours of airport checkin & flight time, so four people are going to pile into a company car and hit the road. Tom thought they had a van but wasn't exactly sure and didn't care that much since (due to rank and height) he is guaranteed the front seat. Pity the one woman in that group!
Also, since I'm talking about Tom - he is trying out a new, younger work wife. The old one is getting jealous.
An Eat-Your-Heart-Out tidbit: Tom finds it relaxes him to rub my back, so almost every night as he falls asleep I get a lovely, deep, 10-minute backrub. Aren't I the luckiest girl in town?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

15 comments:
Road Trip. Everybody get ready for the sleep over to keep Swami from getting lonely.
Poor Swami!
You want me to come over and rub your back while he's gone?
You don't mind sleeping alone, you're just going to miss your back rubs.
Wow! Good thing I have a King sized bed. There should be room for everybody so long as no one is too shy.
Oh! Oh! Nutz - do the point of my shoulder blade now.
Carey, I hate sleeping alone. Truly.
PJ party at Swami's!!
You are indeed extremely lucky that he rubs your back every night. I'm totally gellus!
Oh, and my DH just got back last night from a 5-day trip. I'm very happy to have him back home. He doesn't rub my back though *pout*
I was going to call you a flake for being sad he's gone for two days. Nolay is never gone since he quit the Nt'l Guard. However, once I read the back rub part, I can completely see why you'll miss him for those two days.
I think every couple should have a mandatory 2 day break ever 8 weeks. Maybe it's just because we are always with eachother, including 2 hours in the car each weekday. *shrug* I like my alone time.
Damnit. You about gave me a heart attack as I read the first sentence.
Now I'm in no mood to comment. *sigh*
And yes, I know I'm overreacting.
So, can we make 'smores at the sleepover you're going to host while he's gone?
Do we have to sleep sideways across the bed to maximize space?
*sings* and the littlest said roll over, roll over
Will we be having slippery nipples? *grin*
*climbs into Swami's bed*
*rubs her back*
Yes, HD, 'smores all around. I have a lovely campfire site by my stream that has actual 'smore experience from actual girl scouts.
Slippery Nipples for everyone except Sally, lol. And I don't sleep with animals.
*smooches* for MM
Post a Comment