Saturday, May 27, 2006

I Made Him Go Outside Naked

So Thursday night I watered & then put the sprinkler on some parched transplants, then Tom and I went upstairs to watch a couple of season finales we had missed. He promised he would turn off the sprinklers for me but he forgot until waaa-a-y late. He didn't want to get dressed again, so I made him go naked.

Usually, he doesn't mind sneaking out after dark with no clothes on, but we have new security lights.

Tom: Will the new lights go on?

Me: I don't know. Maybe.

Tom: They're really bright. Spotlights.

Me: Yeah, but you're quick.

Tom: *grumble* *grumble*

So he left naked, holding a crumpled up wife-beater, just in case. I'm not sure what parts he planned to cover if the security lights blazed on.

Oh yeah - I'm back!

7 comments:

Puffy said...

I saw you were back from Seana's blog. What's a "wife beater?" I still haven't updated. I'm really stuck on what to write. Looking forward to hearing about your vacation!

yvonne said...

Hi Swami! Welcome back. I am going to be gardening all day...lots of weeds to conquer and lots of mulch to spread. I will not, however, be doing any nekkid gardening. This time.

:-)

Zombs said...

Oooh if they went on he could be like teh Batman signal.

Swami said...

Puffy, a wife beater is sleeveless undershirt.

I am off doing things with my kid today, but here are Five Fun Fact about Lake Superior for peeps to contemplate until I have time to write about the vacation (prolly on Tuesday!).

1. Lake Superior covers 31,700 square miles - making it big enought to swallow Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Vermont and New Hampshire.

2. Lake Superior contains 10% of all the earth's surface fresh water.

3. Lake Superior is large enough to hold all the other four Great Lakes (Michegan, Huron, Erie and Ontario) plus about three more Lake Eries.

4. Lake Superior contains 3 quadrillion gallons of water - enough to cover both North and South America with about 1 foot of water, if water could be spread like icing.

5. Lake Superior was filled with glacial melt water 10,000 years ago. It has only two major tributaries - the Nipigon River in Ontario and the St Louis River in northern Minnesota - but they are enough to keep the lake "topped off" (along with multiple, smaller rivers & streams.)

momma said...

LOL!

Glad you're back.

Puffy said...

All those facts! Well now, don't we feel Superior?

Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»