I will open with my bare-breasted goddesses of the world collection. The pictures will get somewhat larger if you click on them - I tried to keep them small because I wasn't sure how many photos I could put in one entry.

These are from Thailand and Indonesia. The largest is about 12 inches.

I love Rosewood carvings! These are all from India, and the largest is about 16 inches.

A bronze from Indonesia. Tom stuck a Polish crucifix into my bare-breasted goddess collection because he thought Jesus would be happy there.

Silver needs polishing, lol. Just pretend it's all shiney and pretty. Oh yes - please also ignore all dust. I am busy gardening and I'll get ot it sometimes.

I have a bunch of Santas. Most are in boxes in the basement just now, but I like this one so much I keep it out year 'round. He's about a foot tall.

My turtles. I purchase only turtles made of an "element", like stone, coal, wood, shell, brass, etc. Other people give me the resin & pottery ones. I also have a collection of carved Buddhas. This is not my favorite one, but the turtles sem happy to circle him. Buddha is just over 3 feet tall.

This is about 1/3 of my fine china teacup collection. I stuck mirrored tiles behind them because they are in kind of a dark corner.

I love my Breyer horsies! They evoke my childhood like nothing else. I have more packed away. I used to have a collection of fine china horses, but sadly my oldest daughter broke most of them.

6 comments:
Wow.. your collections are impressive. I especially like the bare-breasted goddesses; they are fabulous.
*will not be photographing cat hair collection*
Beautiful collections Swami. I do love your tea cups and those bare breasted goddesses are beautiful. LOL at Tom saying Jesus would be happy amongst them *gigglesnort*
Swami wasn't your old sig pic onat the other place one of those?
They a e great by the way!
Ah I just was looking again! I love the 3ft tall Buddha.
You collect teacups? My mother collects 3 legged tea-cups. She had tons of them. After my father died and she moved she went on a local Antiques Auction and sold some of them. Eveytime one of us went away we had to look for a 3 legged/footed teacup. I learned a lot about different makers and all. They come in so many sizes.
My favorite that I am getting is the clear glass one my father gave her. He took one of her other ones and went to a glass maker to have it made.
Thanks for sharing, Swami! They're all beautiful! I really like the turtles and the horses.
Sally!!!!!!!!!
I miss you!!!!!!!!
When I see your name I click and look for your blog but it's still not there, which makes me sad. :(
But I am so happy to see you here!!!!!
Or there.
Or anywhere!!!!!
Consider all those exclamation points as your own personal emoticons.
Post a Comment