
Tom and I have mastered the art of Jacuzzi Camping. By day, we visit & hike in all the State Parks that dot the North Shore, packing our lunches, grilling dinners at various camp/picnic sites—just like real campers. Then at night we return to the luxury of our Jacuzzi suite and king bed instead of a tent & sleeping bags. This is definitely the best way to go camping!
Tom on a typical rocky shoreline. This is classic Lake Superior.

The area trails are spectacular! Our favorite places are the Temperance River, which has a deep, fast-moving river that has carved a series of cauldrons into the bedrock. The water just roars, the trail lets you go as close to the edge as you dare. So exciting! (Just for perspective - that little blue dot in the upper left is Tom!

Gooseberry Falls is another favorite. It is a series of 5 waterfalls in a lovely canyon wide enough that you can hike right alongside the water, instead of climbing on the rocks above. This is the first waterfall.

I love how the trees somehow root themselves into smooth rock.

This is, well, a great big fat hole in the ground. But it is the biggest man-made great big fat hole in the ground in the world. They have been mining iron ore here (Hibbing, MN) since 1884. The hole is now 12 miles long and 1.5 miles wide (something like that) and averages about 400 feet deep. It would be a wonder of the world if it weren’t just, you know, a great big fat hole in the ground. Think how many Great Pyramids would fit inside that hole!

Okay, I just previewed and the pics seemed more randomly scattered into the test than I wanted. Hope you can figure it out.

13 comments:
Such purty scenery! I love waterfalls & stuff! Especially... the great big fat hole in the ground!
Hee hee! Jacuzzi camping? LOL.
Wow, looks like such a beautiful area. So glad you had an enjoyable time. I can see why you'd want to go back every year, especially with a jacuzzi.
Welcome home Swami!!!
Oh it's gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing the pics with us, Swami! Welcome back!
Beautiful. BUT! No pictures of you? What is with that?
Psst, Coco. The old woman in a winter coat & baggy pants is me. Picture #3. Of course IRL I look way hotter than that.
It was too cold in the shade and too hot in the sun. The North Shore is weird that way. Probably because the wind is usually off the lake, and the lake water rarely gets above 42'F in the heat of July & August. In May it's probably well below 40'.
Nice pics!
Very purty. I love the picture of the falls. Glad you're back. *smooch*
Great pictures. Makes me want to go there, too! I definitely am in favor of jacuzzi camping.
No Japanese tourists, Sally. Also I will probably never get as raunchy in this public blog as I might have in other places & other times, lol.
I will say Tom was very very good to me on this trip. He got sore hands from hours of intimate massage therapy. And I had one very happy pussy.
Oh, beautiful! We'll be charter fishing out of the Duluth/Superior area in a few weeks. I wish there was a jacuzzi on the charter boat. *pout*
Are you going to the Apostle Islands?
Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»
Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
»
Post a Comment