Yesterday, April 22nd, was my daughter's Golden Birthday. This what I wrote on the blank page to the left of the pre-printed simple Happy Birthday message.
Dear April,
You were born 22 years ago today, on a golden afternoon, at 4:22. Your dad and I were so thrilled to have you! You weighed 10lbs and 2 ounces and were 22 inches long, my biggest baby. Dad cut your umbilical cord and was the first one of us to hold you. He whispered your name to you and he was so very proud! You only cried a little, even though your collar bone was broken by your journey into the world. Dad and I both loved you at once, and every day since then we have loved you with all our hearts. You make us proud, and so very happy! You have grown into a wonderful, beautiful woman and we love you very much.
Then on the right hand side I signed it like this
With love,
lots of love,
forever,
Mom and Dad
Oh yeah, above the pre-printed Happy Birthday I wrote Happy GOLDEN Birthday in hollow letters so I could fill them in with golden ink!
Her favorite part was the enclosed check for $222.22.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
What is a golden birthday?
Happy Birthday! Wow you got her out at that size! Lovely thoughts Swami!
Happy Golden Birthday, Swamigirl.
I never knew 22 was a Golden Birthday.
Happy Birthday to the Swami-Girl/Woman!
I've never heard of a "Golden Birthday", but those were certainly golden thoughts you shared with her. That card's a keeper. (And, I'll bet that in future years she'll appreciate it a lot more than the money. :-))
And, since you asked on Puffy's blog... Yes, last time I checked, I was a girl. *grin* And you can find me at www.techenec.blogspot.com
That's lovely.
*sniff*
I *think* a golden birthday is when your age is the same as the date of your birthday. She is 22 years old on April 22. However, the time of birth and her length at birth also had lucky number 22, too. Happy birthday Swamigirl!
What a wonderful gift to her! (and the money was nice too!)
*smooch*
Wow. I thought the Golden Birthday was an American universal! Yes, it is the day when your age and the date are the same number. Turn 15 on the 15th? Golden Birthday!
Everyone in Minnesota (that I know, anyway) celebrates Golden Birthdays a bit more than other birthdays.
And yes, Zombs - she was a good size and came fast once the midwife finally yelled "push!" The Swami is a good pusher. So good she did not hear the midwife also yell "Wait!" "Stop pushing!" So she just pushed her biggest, hardest push and popped the baby (who didn't have time to rotate her shoulder or something) with two black eyes and a broken collarbone. Mom had third degree tears too :( . Tom blanched so when I ripped. He wasn't expecting that. The little episiotomy just wasn't enough for my big baby girl. Did I mention her big fat head?
Happy birthday to swami's golden daughter!
Post a Comment