In the morning, that is. I awake to an Enya CD. I just love her sweet and gentle tones. I feel content before my eyes are even open. I hate waking to a buzzer of any kind. Tom wakes to an oldies radio station so what he hears is different every morning.
Years ago, when I had to get up at 5 a.m. I programmed in a radio station that played 1 minute of dogs barking, every day at 5 a.m. For some reason that really amused me - so for about a year and a half I woke up to dogs barking. They must have taped their minute just before feeding time at the city dog pound because the variety of manic barks was just hysterical.
What gets you up? Or are you one of the lucky minority who gets up whenever you want. These days? That's me. I only need an alarm once or twice a week, just in case I oversleep.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I never use an alarm clock. Mr. Nutz gets up way before me and he sets the alarm clock (on the radio setting) for himself. I sleep like a rock, so I don't even hear it.
I always intended to get a second alarm clock for my bedside table, but never did.
I usually wake up the same time every day. I suppose I have some sort of internal clock or something.
I am never truly awake until after I've had my first cup of coffee.
I never use an alarm either. DH snores and I use ear plugs, so I wouldn't hear it. If I need to be up at a certain time, I normally wake up on my own, but I ask DH to wake me anyways, just in case.
I have my alarm set to the Jack radio station. I really need something more abrasive, though. But then I wake up cranky.
The alarm on my cell phone plays some soothing New Age music. It's enough to wake me.
"Or are you one of the lucky minority who gets up whenever you want. These days? That's me. I only need an alarm once or twice a week, just in case I oversleep. "
Yep, that's me. And when I do have to set the clock radio, I'm up every 15 minutes to see how much time I have left to "sleep."
Post a Comment